Arlington area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington area

Got some friends flying to Arlington from here (Costa Rica) and want to recommend some good places to eat.

They want to try some good catfish, texmex and bbq.
    Not that expensive either lol. TIA

David's Barbeque-Pantego
    Mijo's- Pantego or SW Arlington(we prefer this one)
    Bobby V's is always a good experience for out of towner's.

Comment

Fish City Grill is out there and cheap, but I don't eat fish/seafood so I can't vouch. The red beans and rice were decent, haha.

Comment

Campo Verde is awesome, and David's BBQ as already mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Campo Verde is awesome, and David's BBQ as already mentioned.
          Mmmm, love me some Campo Verde. I used to frequent the FW location alot before they closed it down.

Comment

Campo Verde is one of the worst Mexican food places I can think of.

My fave is Mariano's over across from Six Flags. The fajitas are awesome. They have two salsas - both really good. They use some kind of heroin in their refried beans, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              My Dave is Mariano's over across from Six Flags. The fajitas are awesome. They have two salsas - both really good. They use some kind of heroin in their refried beans, too.
              I was going to mention Mariano's, as it's probably the best tex-mex in Arlington, but after our last visit we'll never go back. It sucks, but I refuse to give them another dime after how we were treated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                I was going to mention Mariano's, as it's probably the best tex-mex in Arlington, but after our last visit we'll never go back. It sucks, but I refuse to give them another dime after how we were treated.
                What happened?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  What happened?

x2

Comment

Personally I like Mercado's, I love their salsa and chips. I like the atmosphere and service at Campo Verde but the food is average IMO. Never tried Mariano's, interested in hearing what happened though.

Comment

What happened?
                      Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      x2
                      Every time we go we always split fajitas and order an extra set up including rice and beans. Both the set up that comes with the fajitas and the extra one that we order are always plentiful in the rice and bean department. So much so that two adults can actually split one, but we get an extra because jr. loves the rice.

So, the last time we were there was a Sunday evening and they were pretty slow. We were seated next to an 8 top and ordered our usual. I could tell the waitress was new and the initial service was a bit slow compared to normal, but I gave her a chance because I knew she had a large table and we weren't in a hurry. The service pretty much went to shit after we got our drinks. She wasn't even really overwhelmed, but we were basically forgotten about. She never stopped to check on us between dropping of our drinks and food or between getting the food and check. When we got our food, the additional rice and bean set up was on a small child's plate and was clearly different from what we've gotten time and time again for years. It was flat out wrong. Literally less than a single serving spoon of both. I think she entered it as a kid's portion or something to that effect, which is not what we asked for and were quite clear when ordering.

I was already aggravated and let it go. I was just going to take it up with the manager when we got the bill, which took an unreasonable amount of time to get. I knew I would get nowhere with the waitress. After getting the check and seeing that they charged us $5 for this tiny serving of rice and bean, $2.50 each, the wife had enough and wanted to talk to the manager, which I was already going to do. I figured I would let her have this one. He comes over and after explaining the whole situation to him, he looks at her and say's "It gets spensive". That's it. Nothing further than, "It gets spensive." Then he turns to walk off.

I stopped him and explained how I had been coming here since I was a kid and this evening's experience was such a far cry from any other time I had been there and what a complete disappointment the service and his reaction to our concerns was. I was giving him every opportunity to reconsider his actions and he couldn't care less. I was floored. I left enough cash on the table to cover the bill and we walked.

I sent an email to them explaining the whole situation and all I got back was a canned unspecific response offering a meal on the house. I replied back that the canned response clearly indicated their level of concern for their business and that after a great run of almost 30 years, I would not return.

Comment

Mi Dia or nothing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                          Personally I like Mercado's, I love their salsa and chips. I like the atmosphere and service at Campo Verde but the food is average IMO. Never tried Mariano's, interested in hearing what happened though.
                          Mercado Juarez? Their food has gone downhill over the years.

That sucks, Jimmy. I've never had a problem at either of the Mariano's properties, or any of the LHR properties.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That sucks, Jimmy.
                            Sucks indeed. All he had to do was the right thing. All they had to do was specifically address the concern and let me know that they had identified the manager on duty that night and explained to him that was not the way to handle the situation and their customer service is better than what he displayed. Very simple.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll tell them to check all of them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X