Pentagon Mulls Cutting Danger Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, I just meant there's plenty of Navy and AF that are boots on ground.
    True even the majority there aren't engaged but still there is all.
    I agree combat pay needs to be cut from non frontline personnel just didn't agree with the blanket statement of take combat pay from Navy and AF. That is all.
    What's not front line? I worked on a CG's base that got mortars/rockets 3-6 times a day - 4-5 at least, sometimes a lot more. A lot of folks died just on that base.

I'd assume the chow hall on the largest logistics base in Iraq was not front lines either.

I THINK it's technically hazardous duty pay, and in Iraq everywhere was a hazard. I was mainly in Uzbekistan when I was in OEF, but the time I was at BAF - it seemed like they had their share of random mortars - unknown to me where they were hitting.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      What's not front line? I worked on a CG's base that got mortars/rockets 3-6 times a day - 4-5 at least, sometimes a lot more. A lot of folks died just on that base.

I'd assume the chow hall on the largest logistics base in Iraq was not front lines either.

I THINK it's technically hazardous duty pay, and in Iraq everywhere was a hazard. I was mainly in Uzbekistan when I was in OEF, but the time I was at BAF - it seemed like they had their share of random mortars - unknown to me where they were hitting.
      Minus Mez-a-Sharif in the north, all of Afghanistan is still pretty hazardous. I have been mostly on BAF for a few years now and they get a sprinkling of IDF. Usually 1-2 rounds before the scout birds are up in the air and the bad guys are back at home sipping chai.

Hell, I just got back yesterday and was getting caught up on what I missed. Three nights in a row we took rounds and if you are familiar with Disney, they have it dialed in pretty well.

Cutting hazard pay is a drop in a bucket that helps no bottom line and hurts every troop it hits. I have no sympathy for the troops that this hurts if they voted for this "hope and change". The rest get my deepest sympathy. I know what it was like to live paycheck to paycheck and every dollar counted when I was a young Marine.

And Scott, it is pay and R&R. Those are the two things you don't mess with. I can work around chow but if you cut my money or my time home with the family, I will demob on the spot.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
      X