Napolitano Resigns. What's Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napolitano Resigns. What's Up?

Obama's Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security is stepping down to become president of the University of California school system.

Her resignation, along with her Chief of Staff and the Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement mark the 13th, 14th, and 15th vacancies of leadership positions within the DHS. That is exactly a third of such positions that exist within the department.

Normal turnover for a group of people padding their resume, or rats deserting a sinking ship? Discuss.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

I posted this 2 days ago and the responses ranged from "so what" to "it won't make any difference".

Comment

I doubt it will make one damn bit of difference either. So as the leadership is in place, the replacement for her will be of the same mind set and caliber.

Comment

Someone worse will take her spot I'm sure.

Comment

So what? It won't make any difference.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            So what? It won't make any difference.
            /thread

Comment

Now is the perfect time to dissolve the DHS.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm not so concerned about how the resignations will affect the DHS.

I'm more concerned about WHY these people are all leaving, and now.

Is there a major story about to come to light and Obama wants these people to step down preemptively? Is there something they've been asked to do that they can't bring themselves to enforce?

The timing seems suspect to me.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Of course there's a reason.

Comment

The rats are usually the first to jump off a burning ship doomed to sink...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      I'm not so concerned about how the resignations will affect the DHS.

I'm more concerned about WHY these people are all leaving, and now.

Is there a major story about to come to light and Obama wants these people to step down preemptively? Is there something they've been asked to do that they can't bring themselves to enforce?

The timing seems suspect to me.
                      Probably, but will we ever know it?

I'm also certain that the salary increase from roughly $200k to $602k has something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X