X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gold and silver party is over....head for the exits! IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
      This is my opinion on this. I don't invest into silver or gold for this because I don't think it is going to happen. But if there is a global meltdown and it is a free for all, eventually you have to think that it would get back to a barter system. Gold, silver, diamonds ect.. Might hold value in such a thing. People would sell cattle and other items, then use gold to buy what they need. It makes perfect sense. Everyone even today looks at gold, silver and diamonds as valuable items. So you have to think if something crazy happens, everyone will still see gold and silver as valuable. It has been that way in every country and culture forever.
      I agree with ya. A society would rise again, as it always has. But what you have to survive is the transition. Which could take who knows how long. I'm thinking it could be 10 years or even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        very true, but if you're hoarding shit at your house, hoard beans
        +1. The dollar may not fail but when the prices of basics like bread/milk/rice/beans start to rise out of control because of inflation your gonna wish you had those stockpiled instead of gold/silver.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad A$$ Coupe View Post
          if I had gallons and gallons of water and tons of food and you came to me with gold i'd laugh, you cant eat gold.... or buy lots of guns that way if you dont have food or gold you can still get water and food!

That would make you some kind of Big Daddy King Overlord.

That means you need to get the finest piece of pussy available to add to your collection of desirable items.

That means you're gonna need gold to decorate and keep that hot piece of pussy happy.

That's the way it's been since precious metals have been around. That's the way it's always going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
            gold and silver party is over....head for the exits! IMO
            Everyone please heed this advice!!!

Comment

LO fucking L

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

LO fucking L
                Already a thread like 5 posts down.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
                  That would make you some kind of Big Daddy King Overlord.

That means you need to get the finest piece of pussy available to add to your collection of desirable items.

That means you're gonna need gold to decorate and keep that hot piece of pussy happy.

That's the way it's been since precious metals have been around. That's the way it's always going to be.
                  i agree i want all my p*ssy in gold!!!! so i can call it sunshine! but what Denny said is true, it shouldnt be top of the list. If everything went down the toliet and even if you had stacks and stack of gold, it would take years before you can start trading the gold for anything of value, i know if shit hit the fan today and i had twenty cases of water you could come with a pound of gold and i would maybe give you a cup for it and say "stay thirsty my friend" a water well, food, land and ammo come first. God forbid we get there.

Comment

Or just shoot him, take the gold and carry on, or capture him, torture him and have him take you to his stash, then feed him to your dogs
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The value is realized once economies have stabilized and fiat currency is again recognized.

In other words, it is valuable after a recovery, provided you can hang on through a collapse.

Comment

ive put all my money in aluminum not gold. my website www.tinfoilhats.com is under construction and will be launched shortly. stay gloomy my friends!

Comment

I went with beer. I did drink up a lot of profits, but I saved in the long run because all that was cheap beer.

Man really, it is common sense. Resorces, especailly raw, are only worthwhile after the storm. And the storm consists of those brokering power.

We are nothing more than serfs. So let us act like serfs and attend gun shows, buying up the raw materials that elevate the serf.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                            I went with beer. I did drink up a lot of profits, but I saved in the long run because all that was cheap beer.

Man really, it is common sense. Resorces, especailly raw, are only worthwhile after the storm. And the storm consists of those brokering power.

We are nothing more than serfs. So let us act like serfs and attend gun shows, buying up the raw materials that elevate the serf.
                            Except those in power already participated by fleecing the peasants who bought the gold they ran up. I like how these people are smart enough to run a vast conspiracy to topple the global economy and put themselves in power, yet are so dumb they didn't go long gold a decade ago and run the price up then dump it to the common folk.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

What good is that gold going to do you when the president signs an executive order banning private citizens from owning it? If society completely collapses it'll be your intelligence and personal motivation that keep you alive. You'll be better off as a leader and motivator in your community than someone living in a cave with 30 pounds of gold and 500 cans of beans.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                                What good is that gold going to do you when the president signs an executive order banning private citizens from owning it? If society completely collapses it'll be your intelligence and personal motivation that keep you alive. You'll be better off as a leader and motivator in your community than someone living in a cave with 30 pounds of gold and 500 cans of beans.
                                This isn't 1933 and the few smart enough to get it aren't giving it up. LOL! Don't worry. I'll bet 1oz of gold that the federal government won't (and can't) do that again.

As far as the collapse comment, did you read my post above about proper preparation?

Comment

Working...
                                X