You can't hide from cops with license-plate scanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    If you want to build your own roads on your own land, you don't have to have a DL, insurance, or plates.

There is no requirement for probable cause to run a public plate.

Like I said, LP info is the least of our worries.
    I have always wanted to know this, but if I did this (say I built a road course on my own land) could I drive on it drunk?
    Last edited by Moose242; 07-20-2013, 05:41 PM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      I have always wanted to know this, but if I did this (say I built a foad course on my own land) could I drive on it drunk?
      If it's labeled private then I don't see why not. Just my opinion of course.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Sure, I agree with you. I don't believe there is much that consenting adults should not be able to do on their own land so long as it doesn't endanger other people.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

My understanding that is they will have to have probable cause to cross the property line to enforce any kind of BS law. Which if most can't and they want on bad enough they will involve they game warden or county sheriff to get their way but it means jack shit unless laws are broke.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I had a red '99 cobra that I never transferred into my name, but the mexicans that bought it from me insisted that I kept the plates. They said they were bringing it down to mexico to race??? Anyhow, those plates are nice to put on the bro's red '99 cobra when it visits mexico.
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
              I have no problem with the police scanning my plates if that means they`ll recover stolen cars faster, get people with warrants off the street, and are able to determine the historical travel habits of a wanted dangerous felon when a lisc plate scan history would show that.

If you really want to make it political, and give credit where credit is due, then you`ll be happy to know that the fine GOP supporting folks down at Texas A&M were some of the biggest players in designing and developing the lisc plate scanners for use in law enforcement. Developed, Designed, and Paid for by Republicans. Guess you can say your party "Approves" of this technology.

If only they would probe you in order to make sure that no one was raping you! It's for your safety!
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lajntx View Post
                I have no problem with the police scanning my plates if that means they`ll recover stolen cars faster, get people with warrants off the street, and are able to determine the historical travel habits of a wanted dangerous felon when a lisc plate scan history would show that.

If you really want to make it political, and give credit where credit is due, then you`ll be happy to know that the fine GOP supporting folks down at Texas A&M were some of the biggest players in designing and developing the lisc plate scanners for use in law enforcement. Developed, Designed, and Paid for by Republicans. Guess you can say your party "Approves" of this technology.

Those willing to trade liberty for security...
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  I have always wanted to know this, but if I did this (say I built a road course on my own land) could I drive on it drunk?
                  Originally posted by dee View Post
                  My understanding that is they will have to have probable cause to cross the property line to enforce any kind of BS law. Which if most can't and they want on bad enough they will involve they game warden or county sheriff to get their way but it means jack shit unless laws are broke.
                  Sure Alex.

The only application of getting a DWI on private property is private property that is accessible to the public. Like the parking lot of WalMart.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    Those willing to trade liberty for security...
                    The police can run license plates for any reason. I'm sure MILLIONS of plates have been run by officers while driving down the road, or sitting at red lights.

So, how/why is this any different?

Comment

Sure Alex.

The only application of getting a DWI on private property is private property that is accessible to the public. Like the parking lot of WalMart.
                      I refuse to stop at stop signs on private property like WalMart out of principle. You can't tell me what to do WalMart.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I refuse to stop at stop signs on private property like WalMart out of principle. You can't tell me what to do WalMart.
                        Hahahahaa! I sometimes do that too.....

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Hahahahaa! I sometimes do that too.....
                          I thought everyone did that....
                          sigpic

Comment

I also make it a point to not stop in parking lots. Screw em!

Comment

Working...
                            X