• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Hot & Blue is my personal favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      Red Hot & Blue is my personal favorite.
      There's something seriously wrong with you. Their bbq sucks. The sides are good, but thats about it. We ate there about 2 weeks ago, and there was absolutely NO flavor in the bbq at all.

Main Street BBQ in Euless (as said in the other thread several times) is damn good.

But like Brent, i prefer to smoke my own.

Comment

3 best
        1. Red's Que shack in Garland. even voted best in D magazine. be prepared to stand in line. Its is really just a shack and always has a line.
        2.Rudy's is very good
        3.Dickeys on Dalrock and 30 only.

Originally posted by spederman View Post
        I'm sick of all the chain BBQ restaurants, they are shit. We ate at Cousin's BBQ last nite, and i seriously could have bbq'd a shoe sole and had it be more juicy and tasty then our food was. I feel that way about most of the chain BBQ restaurants ive tried (dickey's,spring creek,RH&B). Seems like Austin has all the amazing places and nothing up here compares. I would love to find some amazing ribs and brisket. So where's your favorite place?

Comment

RH&B is watered down junk. I seriously question whether it's even smoked, because it honestly tastes like oven BBQ with a bottle of liquid smoke. Sure, the variety of sauces is great. But they have to have them, because the meat is so bad.

I do eat there on occasion, but it's never by my choice.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Famous Daves.

just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
              There's something seriously wrong with you. Their bbq sucks. The sides are good, but thats about it. We ate there about 2 weeks ago, and there was absolutely NO flavor in the bbq at all.

Main Street BBQ in Euless (as said in the other thread several times) is damn good.

But like Brent, i prefer to smoke my own.
              Is that the place where you pay around $15 and it's pretty much all you can eat? That place is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Is that the place where you pay around $15 and it's pretty much all you can eat? That place is good too.
                Yeah that's it.

Comment

I've been to Main Street BBQ in Euless three times now and it has sucked every single time. Maybe I'm just not showing up on the right day. I guess it's great if you enjoy cold, dried out bbq.

My personal favorite is Fred's in Irving.

5.5 stars - http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...e_restaurant-i

Fred's Barbecue Restaurant
                  808 East Irving Boulevard, Irving, TX 75060
                  (972) 579-7655 ‎
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I personally like Mike Anderson's (Harry Hines and something or other in the Medical District), but don't go very often after my dad's car got broken into in the middle of their lunch rush in their parking lot that is always filled with people standing in line.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

i'll eat angelos but dont care for many others. my problem is i cant fire up my pit without fitzwell smelling it 40 miles away.....

and if it needs sauce there's something wrong with your meat.

Comment

Odom's BBQ- a lil hole in the wall place - Here is one of their reviews.. LOL.

Nico M.

Dallas, TX
                        1/1/2008 This is Texas BBQ like no other. Yes it's in the ghetto. Yes it's scary to get there. Yes it's even scary to order. Yes it's greasy. No they don't serve "vegetables" But for crying out loud . . . did you think the best BBQ in Dallas was going to be served in Uptown?

This is seriously the best BBQ I've ever had. It's so messy, and flavorful . . . and cheap. It's open until 4 AM . . . but don't even think about it. It's seriously in a bad part of town. BUT, If you're anywhere near this place . . . go get some! Just go during daylight. And take a gun. (I'm kidding . . . unless you have one

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post

and if it needs sauce there's something wrong with your meat.
                          Ding ding ding ding!

Danny- what time of day are you going? Late lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Danny- what time of day are you going? Late lunch?
                            Yeah probably. I understand that sometimes food has to sit, that's the nature of a buffet line. But to go three times and it sucked ass every time, well I'm not sure I can go back.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              I personally like Mike Anderson's (Harry Hines and something or other in the Medical District), but don't go very often after my dad's car got broken into in the middle of their lunch rush in their parking lot that is always filled with people standing in line.
                              Mike Anderson's is the shit. Most Dallas joints are going to be Kansas City BBQ, though. I'll be trying the Cooper's in the Stockyards the next time I'm down there on vacation. Other than that, for my money, the original in Llano is awesome, and there are 3 in Lockhart that rock. I think one's called Black's, but I'm not sure.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Yeah probably. I understand that sometimes food has to sit, that's the nature of a buffet line. But to go three times and it sucked ass every time, well I'm not sure I can go back.
                                I've said it a million times, BBQ sucks more so than any other food after it sits in a heating cabinet for a while, then under heat lamps, etc. It dries out quick. It's the nature of the beast. I understand not wanting to go give them another shot. But should you change your mind, go early. Like, when they open on a Saturday. The catering is fantastic as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X