Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    Yes this sucks...bad
    Thanks for the heads up, I will not be doing this procedure. I use breathe right nose strips to help me sleep at night. I'll do OTC allergy drugs for the spring and for blustery days.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
      Yes this sucks...bad
      Which part? I didn't have any pain the two times I did it.

Comment

Wife had the turbinate reduction done and it sucked. Also had a bone removed in the septum. had plastic stints in the nose for 7 days that were sewn in which then had to be removed with pliars. It all leaked constantly and she could not sneeze for 7 days...how the fuck do you make that happen? It bled bad when they pulled the stints because the sutures had not dissolved yet. MAJOR pain, bruising and IIRC she could not ride in car for a while with an airbag.

Hope you live!

Comment

I unfortunately have it year round. But summer nights are the worst.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

so i had three different things done, so was pretty expansive surgery.

My nose has actually not hurt at all, maybe the day after a little bit. The problem with my nose is the splints that are in it are huge and you feel like you have the worlds worse sinus infection ever that you can not clear out in anyway. They stay in a full week.

My throat and the headaches have been my biggest problem. I guess the breathing tube didnt like me i have had throat pain from minute 1 all the way till now 5 days later, my uvula is swollen and touching base of my tongue constantly which sucks.

Headaches are obviously from pressure of swelling, they come and go today is the lightest day so far.

If you get it done i would say expect to be on your ass for at least a week!

Comment

^^^

Yeah, fuck that noise!

Thanks for your honesty, Zac and good luck healing. I'll continue to suffer cause ain't no way I'm going through all that bullshit...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

SO today is one week out. Thanks to my 6 month old wacking my nose last night i had a severe headache much of yesterday, my ears were hurting and my throat was killing me. The Dr got me in. I have a secondary infection is what i wrong with my throat, the wack probably caused a little inflammation so he decided to take the splints out and do the first clean out. He also informed me my septum was a little worse than he thought so they actually had to break my nose in one place to get everything fixed proper.

the splints, I had watched the videos and was still blown away by how huge they are. a solid 1.5 to 2 inches and it starts about 1/4 into your nose. So imagine 2 huge straws with a flat part against center of your nose being pulled out. I did not even know sinuses went THAT far back there! I was grossed out amazing and in shock all at the same time. It takes about a second on each side but it feels like an eternity feeling these huge things being pulled from back behind your nose and beside yours eyes

Immediately after they were out so much relief came. Instantly all of last week was worth it, i could breathe through my nose and felt the breathe all the way in the back of my throat.

Then he cleaned it out. There were 2 HUGE mucus blood half dried mounds of things he pulled out of one side. I did not think it would even fit back into my nose after he pulled it out. I have pics, but ya know.....who REALLY wants to see that. I was in relief instantly but still headache lingered. Today I feel SOOOOOOO much better, he gave me a steroid shot for my throat, my headache is gone, and i can BLOW my nose and SOOOO much stuff comes out with a small simple blow....Is this how everyone else lives their lives?

Comment

my pics were blurry but here the splints are, best pic I could find online anyway. Now these do not start till about 1/4 inch up inside your nose.

Comment

I had the septoplasty ( deviated septum ) and turbinate reduction surgery. They said there is a low chance of suicide and I've never ever had thoughts of suicide but after having the surgery I could understand why someone would want to kill themselves.

I basically had to sleep sitting up right for 1-2 hours max at a time for almost a week. It was absolutely brutal, lips were so chapped.

Comment

100% agree, that was the part i could not stand. Probably got 15-20 hours of sleep all week. Breathing entirely through your mouth is a very difficult thing especially when your all swollen miserable throat hurts like hell. Drinking some water every 30 minutes, chapstick every hour. BLAH

now just wait and see if i really do get less infections this year or not!

Comment

Once they pull the stints out, its smooth sailing. I hated taking hydrocodone and was so glad when I was off it, but that shit worked for the pain.

Comment

Turbinates reduction sucked

Worked then about a year fuckers grew back swollen

Was thinking of the allergy shots
                          Hate to do the above

Fuck all that mess

Comment

2 weeks out.
                            Just went for my second cleanout, those are unpleasant but they do get A LOT of stuff out. It really is not too terrible at this point. I feel swelling inside still, i get a light headache about once a day, ibuprofen treatable. He got a lot of gunk out with the suction this time, he numbs it all with a mist before he starts all of that though. I have been pulling a lot of dis-solvable stitches out, i guess it just mess with it all too much and i am making them break up.

I can tell when i blow my nose i get HUGE chunks out like i have never been able to before so it is nice knowing that it could have made a significant impact for me going forward.

Comment

Dang man, this is harrowing. I'm sure this is something I could benefit from, but I might be too much of a pussy to deal with this, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                Dang man, this is harrowing. I'm sure this is something I could benefit from, but I might be too much of a pussy to deal with this, lol.
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X