No announcement yet.

Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like others said the old gasket is stuck on there, or they overfilled it and it pushed out somewhere, but to me that's less likely.

I had double gaskets on an ancient 366 BBC when i was 16. It sprayed out like a mother fucker.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

They may have insurance that will cover it. They cross threaded the drain plug on the wife's toyota once, at an oil change place. Slowly drained all the oil on the way home. But the engine protection mode kicked in and it saved the engine by cutting it off. Very little oil left though. They said that if it had killed the engine, they'd have filed it on their insurance and that would have paid for the dealership to install a new one. The manager came to my house and installed a new oil pan.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        They may have insurance that will cover it. They cross threaded the drain plug on the wife's toyota once, at an oil change place. Slowly drained all the oil on the way home. But the engine protection mode kicked in and it saved the engine by cutting it off. Very little oil left though. They said that if it had killed the engine, they'd have filed it on their insurance and that would have paid for the dealership to install a new one. The manager came to my house and installed a new oil pan.
        Walmart definitely has insurance for this

Once you get the claim established they generally offer a used engine, you demand a reman. They might send a field inspector out to verify the problem but not always. This application is a case where I'd demand a reman engine because used DOD 5.3s are garbage and remans aren't much more expensive.

Comment

Man I hope they make it right, that really sucks! I’ve heard some horror stories about Walmart oil changes (normally from lube places), but I’ve had mine done there too as it’s cheap.
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Sucks...I had something similar happen with the wifes car at Wally World...never took it back. They hire kids off the street for these things.
            Originally posted by Da Prez
            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              I had double gaskets on an ancient 366 BBC when i was 16. It sprayed out like a mother fucker.
              I learned that lesson at 17 the first time I changed the oil in my mustang. Blew 2 quarts out as soon as I started it lol. Had to use every bit of oil dry I would find in my dads shop to get it cleaned up.

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Sucks...I had something similar happen with the wifes car at Wally World...never took it back. They hire kids off the street for these things.
              From what I've seen that is every oil change place, not just Walmart. Half my friends in high school worked at Avis Lube.

Comment

Alot of places just have a person ONLY doing oil changes. I know peb boys did that.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Walmart definitely has insurance for this

Once you get the claim established they generally offer a used engine, you demand a reman. They might send a field inspector out to verify the problem but not always. This application is a case where I'd demand a reman engine because used DOD 5.3s are garbage and remans aren't much more expensive.

Well if so then OP, make sure you get a Jasper reman. At least they have some standards for their remans.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Well if so then OP, make sure you get a Jasper reman. At least they have some standards for their remans.
                    Moms made it 80,0000 and died. Blew a head gasket, had some valve issues. Just out of warranty by 8 months or so.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

instead of playing on your fucking phone you need to watch your truck being worked on especially at Walmart! I always watch my cars being worked on when it's either tires or oil.

Second who the fuck waits 2hrs 30 minutes for a oil change are you using a Walmart credit card?

Third change your own oil or find a reputable lube shop and bring your own oil/filter (do not use sears, walmart, sams club, costco, kmart, peb boys etc..)

Comment

who changes the Buick Grand National oil? please don't say Walmart

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          who changes the Buick Grand National oil? please don't say Walmart
                          Me. Walmart doesn't even sell the oil I use..nor would I let them touch that car. Used Walmart for the truck for convenience (I needed to buy a few things anyway while I was there). I've NEVER had an experience like this at Walmart in the past....this is the first time...and the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            Me. Walmart doesn't even sell the oil I use..nor would I let them touch that car. Used Walmart for the truck for convenience (I needed to buy a few things anyway while I was there). I've NEVER had an experience like this at Walmart in the past....this is the first time...and the last time.
                            you never heard Walmart oil change horror stories? i think every car guy has heard a story or two

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              you never heard Walmart oil change horror stories? i think every car guy has heard a story or two
                              I've heard horror stories from every place that services cars...don't act like Walmart is the only one that has occasional problems. I didn't think a 20 dollar oil change was that complicated....but apparently to that technician it clearly was beyond his capabilities.

Comment

On another note I'd make sure you get a rental and it should be a 4wd truck because you need that for some non commercial work related reason. Hunting lease, coastal fishing, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X