No announcement yet.

Lonestar Roundup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In normal john fashion he decided to go to LSRU late Friday night and Saturday went to top notch burger and Dennis Gage took a pic with johns car
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Maybe that's why it's only thirty bucks. lmfao

I didn't see this thread until just now. But I was there with Denny and a few other friends from Austin. I saw Marcus and Katrina rolling in their Ford. I don't think I saw anyone else from here, heh.

We saw you again on Congress Saturday night. You pulled out from I think what looked liked some apartments and headed south. You were about 5 or 6 cars ahead of us.

Saturday during the show we parked just across and down from where you were. My friend and his "crew" were parked along the tree line opposite from you. Katrina and I looked for you but we never saw you.

Here's our '53 parked next to my friend's '51 Fleetline

--Marcus

Comment

i saw a lot of nice older hotrods driving north on 35 in the rain yesterday. sucked for them
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Maybe that's why it's only thirty bucks. lmfao

I didn't see this thread until just now. But I was there with Denny and a few other friends from Austin. I saw Markus and Katrina rolling in their Ford. I don't think I saw anyone else from here, heh.

We saw your car in our hotel parking lot....also saw it parked outside the gate at the show. Too bad we never caught up. I saw John on Saturday...he said after we were all posting pictures from Friday he decided to head down that night....was good to see him and catch-up a little.

The open house and party at Austin Speed Shop was a great time...better turn out for the party on Saturday, but still good both nights no doubt. We met some cool people there....I'm heading down to Houston to buy another wagon from one of them soon.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            We saw your car in our hotel parking lot....also saw it parked outside the gate at the show.
            We must have been staying in the same place then, because that's the only hotel parking lot the car was in. I don't recall seeing the Galaxie wagon though.

We pulled it out of the show because I wanted to take it to Lockhart for BBQ, but before we got too far we decided to roll in something more luxurious.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

We must have been staying in the same place then, because that's the only hotel parking lot the car was in. I don't recall seeing the Galaxie wagon though.

We pulled it out of the show because I wanted to take it to Lockhart for BBQ, but before we got too far we decided to roll in something more luxurious.
              Yeah, we were at the Best Western. Parked on the backside of the hotel both nights....oogled a little on the bartender in the hotel bar both nights too (Muchas Chi-Chi's!).

One of the guys with us had a friend meet up that lives down there...he was bragging about all these good places to eat, and after he took us to two hoity-toity trendy places in town, we booted him and drove out to Driftwood for some Salt Lick....turns out there were a lot of people from the show out there too, the parking lot was a pretty good gathering (until it started raining). My first time there, and besides the wait it wasn't bad....I'll say the Pecan Pie was among the best I've had.
              70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

We must have walked by each other at the club. I was in there both nights as well. I'll be staying there from now on since my boss reserves a bunch of rooms there each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  We must have walked by each other at the club. I was in there both nights as well. I'll be staying there from now on since my boss reserves a bunch of rooms there each year.
                  Ironically we were staying in a couple rooms that were part of a block reserved by a business owner / friend of one of my buddies (Rod Shop in Fort Worth?)

...but yes, that's a good place...we'll stay there again next year too.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
                  X