Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting carnuba wax out of exterior plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting carnuba wax out of exterior plastics?

I should have masked, but didn't, and now have wax on a few plastic bits around the car. I've read that peanut butter works, but that to me seems like it would just temporarily oil the spot to darken it.

Is there anything out there that will specifically break down and remove the wax completely?

Dawn dish soap, pencil eraser , simple green...
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Buy new ones and don't do it again. That or toothbrush, cleaner and a lot of time. FYI if the sun bakes it on it will be more difficult to get off.

Comment

Tried the eraser last night, and it didn't work. I had also read about using WD-40, which looked great right after I used it, but then dried showing that it didn't actually remove anything, and just made it look black for the moment.

I'll try Dawn and elbow grease next, and will be masking from here on out, or paying a detailer.

Comment

I've had success with Gojo's orange pumice hand cleaner and some elbow grease. Dawn will probably work just as well though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I've had success with Gojo's orange pumice hand cleaner and some elbow grease. Dawn will probably work just as well though.
            The plastic is textured, so I would think that pumice would cause some serious markings, did it not?

Comment

That depends on how hard you rub it. Mine was textured trim on a Silverado.

Comment

Get a semi stiff paint brush from Home Depot and some simple green or like product. Spray then scrub , should do the trick.

Comment

Wax and grease remover, you can pick it up at your local refinish jobber. Or you can try Dawn liquid detergent, your results may vary...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Mr. Clean magic eraser
                    Scott Ganow
                    Lone Star Performance
                    16300 Midway Rd
                    Addison, TX 75001
                    214-630-5006

Comment

Working...
                    X