Lonestar Roundup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonestar Roundup?

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread out here...it's this coming weekend. Anyone else going?

We are leaving out bright and early Friday morning in this heep....

Say hello if you see us!...and please stop if you see us broke down on the side of the hwy!
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    Say hello if you see us!...and please stop if you see us broke down on the side of the hwy!
    I'm always in a big fucking hurry when driving thru counties, but I will throw you a rev, write down the mile marker and call the trooper dogs for ya.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

New ride Rreemo?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Denny and Danny are going. I'm out this year. Your first time going? If so, S. Congress is the real fun. Grab an early spot, throw out a lawn chair, and watch the cops go ballistic every time someone jaywalks through the traffic that is going 1 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          New ride Rreemo?
          Nah...that one belongs to my buddy Mark. Been thrashing on it for about 6 weeks after it had been resting in someone's backyard for the past 20 or so years. All new suspension, brakes, engine, trans, and rear diff in record time. He's been driving it as much as he can since last weekend, but will probably still only have ~200 or so miles of shakedown before we head out.

I told him I'm throwing my bike in the back!

Edit - you'd be proud DJ....it actually has FE power in it.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Denny and Danny are going. I'm out this year. Your first time going? If so, S. Congress is the real fun. Grab an early spot, throw out a lawn chair, and watch the cops go ballistic every time someone jaywalks through the traffic that is going 1 mph.
          Yeah, after all these years I'm finally going to make it to the round-up. I heard that congress is the place to be on Saturday...we'll definitely try to get a good spot.

We got an invite to some party at Austin Speed Shop on Friday night....I'm not a huge Jesse James fan, but figure we've got to go check it out.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I'm going on Friday.

Comment

Don't miss any party Austin SS throws. S. Congress on Friday night is fun too, everyone is arriving and cutting loose. In the old days people would do burnouts right next to the cop cars. Now they've got a million cops out there that are making sure no one is having more than what they consider to be a requisite amount of fun.

Also, Home Slice Pizza is the bomb. I've eaten at Guero's Taco Bar half a dozen times and haven't had a good meal there yet, but for some reason everyone raves about it. If you've seen Tarantino's Death Proof, Texas Chili Parlor isn't too far north and has decent bar food. There's also a food truck called Are You Gonna Eat That Or What across from The Continental Club that has badass fucking sandwiches and hand made on the spot hot potato chips.

Comment

I'm out this year too. So is john all the Hale's crew is going though
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

We have a newborn so it looks like I'm out this year. For those that are going A.S.S is having a party Saturday night. You get in free with lsr bracelet.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    If you've seen Tarantino's Death Proof, Texas Chili Parlor isn't too far north and has decent bar food.
                    That's the place the bulk of the first half of the movie was shot in?

Comment

I'll be out there with my FIL for the first time, he's gone several times. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

working on having something to drive out there fom Nor Cal next year. Thought I would have something for this year, but the right project hasnt presented itself

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          That's the place the bulk of the first half of the movie was shot in?

Yeah, they were briefly at Guero's, then moved over to TCP. The big porch out back doesn't actually exist-the door that leads to it in the movie is actually to the kitchen. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                            working on having something to drive out there fom Nor Cal next year. Thought I would have something for this year, but the right project hasnt presented itself
                            What are you looking for?
                            Ded

Comment

There's weekends like this weekend that makes me miss custom cars. I'll be in Austin but for different reasons. I might meet some friends on congress.

Comment

Working...
                              X