get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Sounds like it is going to be a blast to drive when you get it put together! I'll have to check out the build thread.

My question is, did you take care of the damn oil filter?! I did my first oil change last weekend, and fuck the O-ring replacement on that fucker.
    I'm going from stock (have downpipes but that's it), not even tuned, to hopefully 700 rwhp. I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

Yes, I've got a remote oil filter setup in the mix. The filter(s) will hang vertically for clean, simple removal.

Comment

I have a 98 K3500 350/4L80E that I'm swapping a 24v Cummins/NV4500 into. I've had the Cummins for 3 years and the Chevy for 2. I've fixed a bunch of boost leaks on the Cummins and within the last 2 weeks finally got the transmission and transfer case out of the Chevy. When it warms up again I'll get the engine out, and then the fun will begin
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Guilty as charged. I work on hot rods all day, not much interest when I get home.. It runs, but I'm still working on the body..

Comment

No SVO, no 65 F100, no Jeep, and no old F150, no jet skis, and no real desire for most projects.

A mostly stock 13 GT that's seldom driven and probably needs a new home before it gets twin turbos.

A new 18 F150 supercrew that will likely get a tune and maybe a cold air kit.

I think my projects will probably just be teaching my boys how to work on whatever beater they get.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
            Guilty as charged. I work on hot rods all day, not much interest when I get home.. It runs, but I'm still working on the body..
            I hate myself for selling my 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              No SVO, no 65 F100, no Jeep, and no old F150, no jet skis, and no real desire for most projects.

A mostly stock 13 GT that's seldom driven and probably needs a new home before it gets twin turbos.

A new 18 F150 supercrew that will likely get a tune and maybe a cold air kit.

I think my projects will probably just be teaching my boys how to work on whatever beater they get.
              Who pissed in your Post Toasties?

Comment

I've spent the last few days on big block buick sites reading up on the motor. I need to figure out what rear end I have so I can find a limited slip diff for it.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                  Here’s my project.
                  Still better than dealing with the airline companies.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    I have a 98 K3500 350/4L80E that I'm swapping a 24v Cummins/NV4500 into. I've had the Cummins for 3 years and the Chevy for 2. I've fixed a bunch of boost leaks on the Cummins and within the last 2 weeks finally got the transmission and transfer case out of the Chevy. When it warms up again I'll get the engine out, and then the fun will begin
                    Subscribing I have a 97 K2500 Suburban I have been reading up a bit to do this swap on, but mine is also 4wd to complicate things.

Comment

I need to get my sprint car back running, I only lack ~1500 from having it back together. I just purposefully haven't done it, because it eats money while it's running like a fat kid eats cake.

Comment

I need to get to work, but my old age says it is too cold. Last week when it was nice out I did get some work done.

CN

Comment

Working on my tools and equipment, slowly. Once the kids are out of the house, I'll build a shop. Then, the real fun begins.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I build shit every weekend. I’m rebuilding my 89 hatch, running a junkyard racer 89 Supercoupe and still have a complete MM suspension in progress on my 94 Cobra. On top of that just got finished with a motor swap on a 2008 Chevy Cobalt and am rehabbing a 2001 BMW 540i. Busy as fuck.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The engine for my 68 Cougar is back together, and I was able to give it a test fire before installing yesterday. Now I just have to hook everything up.

Comment

Been trying to fix rust and try body work and holy hell it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X