No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad im not a Star Trek fan. I just enjoy good action movies. Lol.
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

How anyone didn't like this movie is beyond me. It was awesome! Equally as good, maybe even better than the first. Maybe it's because I've never watched any Star Trek movies or shows before. It's a fucking reboot for crying out loud, of course they're gonna do shit that's already been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        How anyone didn't like this movie is beyond me. It was awesome! Equally as good, maybe even better than the first. Maybe it's because I've never watched any Star Trek movies or shows before. It's a fucking reboot for crying out loud, of course they're gonna do shit that's already been done before.
        This isn't the traditional reboot. They're actually doing it....well, the Trek way by making it an alternate timeline to the original. The events in the 2009 film jump started a sequence of events that are just a little different.

I like the films a lot. I really like what they've done for Trek. I'm just hoping we'll see the storyline scew off and do its own thing......cause I don't want another film about whales.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I thought it was great. For a 2 hour movie it felt short. Lots of action, good dialogue. I actually liked it more than the reboot. Nice job on squeezing another Beastie Boys song in! I hope they keep making them, and I don't mind being pandered to a bit as a fan with stories that have so much history and still endure. Lots of reboots stray too far from what made them popular and lose touch with what made people want to watch them in the first place by being "edgy." Fuck that, make something I want to watch! I thought it was well executed. And Simon Pegg is hilariously awesome in everything.
          All of this. I thought it was great. Poke whatever holes y'all want, but the chemistry is right on between the characters and its fun as hell. I know JJ is balls deep in Star Wars now, but I hope they find a way to keep this crew going.

Comment

great movie if you don't know what star trek was.
            good movie if you have seen the originals and are accepting of the fact that this is a reboot with a timeline twist.
            bad movie if you are trekkie.

the first (2009) was better imo but this is still good.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              bad movie if you are trekkie.

As a trekkie, i don't agree.
              sigpic

Comment

So I bought this on Amazon HD and rewatched it today. I stand by my original opinion and upgrade it- This is easily the most entertaining and watchable Star Trek movie of the original generation ever made. They hit every aspect of it just right, and touched on every relationship and every bit of the "universe" the story is contained in. I really like this movie a lot, and feel it captured everything I liked about the series in one big story. I can't see how they could have made it one bit better. The inevitable Part 3 is going to have a lot to live up to.

Comment

Working...
                X