Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Spoiler Discussion

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
    I say someone make a new thread and name it star wars spoilers so you nerds can go ahead and talk about it. And if someone clicks on the thread it's there own fuckin fault.
    Good idea! I won't be able to participate for another 8 hours, but y'all go right ahead.

I kept it generic so maybe we can keep all spoiler discussion to one thread since we're going to be getting a new movie every year for the foreseeable future.

Damn it, I came in here for SPOILERS!!

Comment

I heard it sucks

Comment

so was Kylo the one who took out the jedi academy or is there another dark one out there?

Comment

Well, that was a let down. It was the first movie all over again...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
            so was Kylo the one who took out the jedi academy or is there another dark one out there?
            No that was Anakin/Vader
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              No that was Anakin/Vader
              in the movie it said Luke was training Jedi at an academy then after one turned is when he vanished, so it was after Vader times...

Comment

I loved the movie. There are parts I didn't like but that didnt detract from me loving it.

My biggest issue is that the plot was too much like episode 4. Rey was young Luke and Han was Obiwan. They gave away Solo as being Kylo's father way too early too.

That said, it was still great. I likes the flash back after Rey touches the lightsaber. I liked their first flight/fight in the Falcon. The lightsaber fight was pretty cool too.

The practical effects really rocked. CGI wasn't bad but Maz and Snoke looked fake. At least Snoke was a hologram.

Comment

I think we could have not had the father reveal in this movie or WAY later in it. And Harrison Ford sucks for not wanting to do the other films.

Comment

Just got out and I gotta say, I'm REALLY happy with the movie. Going to see it again at midnight, so I should have a better developed review tomorrow.

Comment

I couldn't stand Finn

Comment

Y'all think snoke is plageius?
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I was a mid teen when episode 4 came out, stood in a long ass line then. And for the following 2 as well. This was a remake of E4 to me. Now the special effects were great, the X wing/tie fighters scenes were awesome. But if you don't see that this is almost a remake, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I was a mid teen when episode 4 came out, stood in a long ass line then. And for the following 2 as well. This was a remake of E4 to me. Now the special effects were great, the X wing/tie fighters scenes were awesome. But if you don't see that this is almost a remake, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...
                            it's not so much a remake as Denny said, that's the "curse" of the Skywalker family that is a continual thing.

Comment

Just saw it and I thought it was mediocre. It wasn't as bad as episodes I-III but Jesus what is? I went in expecting another Empire Strikes Back and basically I got Return of the Jedi again.

The parts I liked:
                              CGI
                              New characters - their stories, 99% of their development and their acting was spot on
                              The setting of Jakku and the wreckage from the battle
                              The lightsaber duel between Kylo Ren and the girl
                              Getting rid of Han Solo, kill off all the old characters or exclude them to make the movies better (more on this later)

What I didn't like:
                              The fact that the New Order if basically just the Empire light, the diet Coke of evil.

The complete lack of teaching required for the girl to learn how to use the force

The stupid plot where the New Order basically has another Death Star...I mean Jesus, enough with the Death Stars, get a new plot already.

The cartoony nature of space/time in the movie.

The forced and gratuitous nature of the involvement of the old characters. Han Solo and Chewbacca just happen to be out there looking for their ship? Wouldn't it have been better if they by chance find it in the salvager camp right before the New Order shows up? Or have them be there from the start of the movie? It would have been a much smoother transition to put them in the movie.

The stupid hunt for a map that shows where Luke is. The map in and of itself is a little weak and suspect. But ok, fine... the plot is the hunt for the map, I can deal with it I guess. But then at the end he is waiting on top of an island? What the actual fuck. It reminded me of Dagobah and the hunt for yoda. Except Yoda wasn't standing there on a fucking hill just waiting after 30 years for someone to show up. There was some story behind Luke finding him. It was just fucking weak and stupid to have him standing there, it was like a moment from episode I-III where script took a shit. Mark Hammill loved it I am sure, he probably got a million bucks for the easiest acting job ever.

Anyway, I could go on. It could have been much worse, thank God Lucas had nothing to do with it or it would have been like someone shitting on your face. Like I said, it was about as good as Return of the Jedi for me.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X