Can't decide on lift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide on lift.

Ok so I have an 01 suburban 4x4. I want to change it up a bit and can't decide on the lift I want.

I'm sticking with the 16x8.5s refinishing them in bronze and run 33s. Don't want to do 35s because I don't really want to have to regear it plus I've already bought the 33s and will loose money going bigger.

I went to discount and wanted my goodyear wrangler duratracs 285/ 75 16 put on to see just how high I'd need to go to look right. They were scared to do it due to fitment issues until after I lift it. I think it Would've been ok tho.

I was quoted $2200 installed on a 6 inch lift but I think it would dwarf the wheels and tires. I'm thinking keys and spacers are gonna be the better route as far as looks go. $2200 hundred to not look right is gonna piss me off lol.

Anyone here running anything similar? I've look at pics and can get anything reliable to make my decision.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
    Ok so I have an 01 suburban 4x4. I want to change it up a bit and can't decide on the lift I want.

I'm sticking with the 16x8.5s refinishing them in bronze and run 33s. Don't want to do 35s because I don't really want to have to regear it plus I've already bought the 33s and will loose money going bigger.

I went to discount and wanted my goodyear wrangler duratracs 285/ 75 16 put on to see just how high I'd need to go to look right. They were scared to do it due to fitment issues until after I lift it. I think it Would've been ok tho.

I was quoted $2200 installed on a 6 inch lift but I think it would dwarf the wheels and tires. I'm thinking keys and spacers are gonna be the better route as far as looks go. $2200 hundred to not look right is gonna piss me off lol.

Anyone here running anything similar? I've look at pics and can get anything reliable to make my decision.

6" is too high for 33's on the NBS Suburban, IMO.. If you're going that high just go to 35's and regear..

My 05 Z71 just had ford keys and 1" pucks in the rear, and ran 285 70 17's (32 3/4") and only got a little rubbing on the rear, when going through some really off camber stuff. This was on the stock Z71 wheels.

I would have liked around 4" on that body, personally, but it just wasn't worth the cost to me at this stage in the Suburban's life. One sec and I will throw up a pic.

Edit - Best pic I have handy..

Of course the weight of the bumpers didn't help much. Ranch Hands are freaking heavy. lol
    Last edited by Chili; 12-25-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

That would look perfect with about a inch or two more wheel well but still looks good.

Yeah you Probly lost a couple inches with those bumpers lol. Buddy of mine lost 2 front and 1.5 rear with his.

Last edited by petyweestraw; 12-25-2016, 11:46 PM.
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

6inches would be awesome on 35s with 18s but that route with regearing would run me bout 5k and I just don't know if I want to sink that into a rig this old. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon and I can more than afford it I just don't know man lol.

Comment

Ford keys are $70 a peice now? Gonna do those and 1.5 inch spacers in the rear. Maybe 2 inch.

Or will the average leveling kit I can go pickup from 4wheel parts for $270 give me the same results?

Comment

I'm wanting the same. Wondering if I can fit 33s on my OBS 2dr with just the tortion bars cranked.. seems like I can?
            sigpic

Comment

From what I've seen yes.

Comment

Working...
              X