Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    looks like a L98 TPI to me.

edit, i was wrong, looks like a Lt1, i missed the optispark at first.
    It's what you call a standard issue boat anchor

Get an LS
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      It's what you call a standard issue boat anchor

Get an LS
      I can't argue with your logic. It's basically a Vortec 350 but with aluminum heads and a cooling system that flows backwards. You can do almost anything with it that you could with a conventional SBC but the cooling system screws up most options.

I've had one that put down right at 600 rwhp which was awesome 20 years ago but now you can do that with a $1k junk yard 5.3/ebay turbo.

Comment

Thanks to GM in 5 or so years we are gonna be able to get 400 hp junkyard 6.6s too. The new van motor.....

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Thanks to GM in 5 or so years we are gonna be able to get 400 hp junkyard 6.6s too. The new van motor.....
          Ford's 7.3 gasser is also a beast!

Comment

4.5xx" bore spacing
            4.211" bore
            4" stroke
            Canted valve heads
            Cross bolted mains
            Forged crank

Hopefully they expand the engine line and build it in other displacements so we see more vehicles built with it and eventually more in the junk yard.

Ford should have built this engine 15 years ago.
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Actually, one of the more popular junkyard motors that guys are stuffing into cars/trucks these days is the GM 6.0 L96. They are pretty good out of the box then you start porting the heads and intake. They are pretty decent. And start adding a cheap ebay turbo and you can make a lot of power for not a whole lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                Actually, one of the more popular junkyard motors that guys are stuffing into cars/trucks these days is the GM 6.0 L96. They are pretty good out of the box then you start porting the heads and intake. They are pretty decent. And start adding a cheap ebay turbo and you can make a lot of power for not a whole lot of money.
                While not quite the same motor my dad just dropped an L77 6.0 and 6spd auto into his 56' Bel Air (drivetrain came out of a 2016 35k mile wrecked Duncanville PPV). With a 4:10 posi 12 bolt in the rear...that fucker is STOUT.

Comment

Working...
                X