2-Day Performance Gun Fighting w/Jared Reston, Sat 3/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Im good now on the holster and everything else, thanks everyone!
    Did you receive an email from Jared on Sunday night?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Did you receive an email from Jared on Sunday night?
      I did.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Had a great time, thanks for putting this together GE!

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Yes GE, thanks for putting this together. I can't wait for the next class.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Good class and good turnout from DFWM. All things considered with the weather and me cutting my hand, it was a good weekend of shooting and training.

Can't say it was the best class I've ever had but I had some good take aways from it. Jared's teaching style isn't as "polished" as other instructors I've had before. But I think I did some of the best shooting in a class as I ever had.

So I got to zero and shoot my AR from 100 yards for the first time in a class. Never did that before. Actually I have but not to this degree. This was with an EoTech and a 3X magnifier. At first I thought it was odd but I'm glad we did. I live on 4 acres so I'm fairly confident I can hit a target from any distances at my house. It was also nice to learn where my holdover was at closer distances. The last AR class I did, we shot from up close, maybe 15-20 yards? And I didn't have my AR zero'd so I didn't real hold over on the sights. Actually now that I think about it, my first AR class a couple of years ago I shot from maybe that far but didn't really zero it and didn't shoot that much from distance.

Pistol shooting started at 25 yards. It's a good thing to know what you can hit at that distance. From there we got in closer and did multiple drills from 7 and 10 yards. One interesting thing I've never done before was preloading the trigger as you draw. Basically as you draw the gun and get your sights on target you put your finger on the trigger and to the edge of firing. I get it, it's a faster shot as your finger is already on the trigger and pressing down on it, but not something I've ever been trained to do before. Another thing we were thought that helped me was keeping my head up, bringing the sights up to my head instead of dipping down to meet them. It's something I'll have to practice but can't really do at most ranges.

And the final thing I took away from the class was developing a cadence while shooting at multiple targets and firing long strings. The targets were setup with 5 points in an X configuration. We practiced shooting different targets progressively getting faster. Combining the faster firing with the preloading of the trigger, sighting in with my head up and bringing my gun to it rather than dipping, I did some of my best shooting.

Comment

Who's the open gangnam style looking motherfucker?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X