Hydrodipping because of covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrodipping because of covid

Basically I've been trying to find projects to do with the kid to keep her creativity up, and keep her brain working. We've done model building, exercise, and working on mechanical stuff. We've also spent a lot of time packing since we are moving at the end of the month.
    This past weekend we got into hydrodiping stuff. she did a pair of shoes, and we did some random pieces of wood. yesterday I went into the garage and grabbed an old stamped steel 2.3l valve cover. I cleaned it up and we went to town. I figure after it drys completely I'll hit it with high temp clear and call it done. I can't say I would ever put it on my truck, but I do think it looks neat. and it provided an afternoon of entertainment and creativity. I think I will have her do the clear coat. That will give her a chance to learn how to apply even good coats without messing up something nice or important. good times.

How tough is that stuff? I've seen people do bumpers, but I always doubted that it would stand up to years of being on a vehicle.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      How tough is that stuff? I've seen people do bumpers, but I always doubted that it would stand up to years of being on a vehicle.
      Depends on the paint you use. This is rustolium so it should handle what ever you throw at it. it's literally pick a paint, spray it on water, dip your clean dry part into the water, wipe away the rest of the paint off the water, and pull the part out. let it dry then clear coat it if you want.

Comment

You've got a really cool piece of garage wall art now. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          Basically I've been trying to find projects to do with the kid to keep her creativity up, and keep her brain working. We've done model building, exercise, and working on mechanical stuff. We've also spent a lot of time packing since we are moving at the end of the month.
          This past weekend we got into hydrodiping stuff. she did a pair of shoes, and we did some random pieces of wood. yesterday I went into the garage and grabbed an old stamped steel 2.3l valve cover. I cleaned it up and we went to town. I figure after it drys completely I'll hit it with high temp clear and call it done. I can't say I would ever put it on my truck, but I do think it looks neat. and it provided an afternoon of entertainment and creativity. I think I will have her do the clear coat. That will give her a chance to learn how to apply even good coats without messing up something nice or important. good times.
          My kid has been bugging me to try this and showed me all the videos. My only question is what do you do with the five gallons of paint water that's left over? Can't just dump it out in the yard
          --Marcus

Comment

Working...
          X