Fired up my Ranger the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    After spending some time on it this weekend, I've come to the conclusion that #1 is hosed.
    It's still smoking out of the crank case, and tail pipe. After putting fresh plugs, a pcv valve, and fresh oil in it, it's actually smoking worse. I'm going to pull the head this week and see if I'm lucky enough that its just a head gasket. But it's got me thinking its a piston or ring. Good news is I have a spare motor still. It's a lot less motor than this one was, but I really want the truck running again. All it needs is a new aux shaft and distributor gear ($300). But also I've got a friend in Odessa that wants to trade a fresh short block for a few RC airplanes. So I'll probably go get that on Sunday. Either way, I'm tired of not driving my truck so it will be...
    You should have let me know on the aux shaft. I just gave one away with that 2.5 short block. ☹️

Good luck.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      You should have let me know on the aux shaft. I just gave one away with that 2.5 short block. ☹️

Good luck.
      It's all good. I'm going to go with the eslinger one.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        It's all good. I'm going to go with the eslinger one.
        I still have that turbo if you ever want to go that route.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          There is a lube designed specifically for window guides.
          Tried that first. Now I've replaced the window motor and regulator with AC/Delco parts. Still slow and sticks. Must be bent up or squeezed off somewhere. Gotta find out tomorrow.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Tried that first. Now I've replaced the window motor and regulator with AC/Delco parts. Still slow and sticks. Must be bent up or squeezed off somewhere. Gotta find out tomorrow.
            I've read about guys wiring in relays and running the motors directly off of the batt instead of through the switches. Seems to cure the slow/sluggish windows.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Put the old camper back on the truck so I can move it to the new house. Forgot how ugly/awesome this thing is with the camper. lol We are almost done with the move, then I can finally work on this thing. Can't wait to get it back on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X