No announcement yet.

Programmers enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was partly speaking in hyperbole...but of you're not aware that python was influenced by C then you've never programmed in either...or read about python in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Not even close lol....yadda yadda yadda...Python is a "general purpose" language, you can basically do....
      Since you spent the time to Google what python is...you should do the same for C...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Since you spent the time to Google what python is...you should do the same for C...
        Lmao

Comment

I was partly speaking in hyperbole...but of you're not aware that python was influenced by C then you've never programmed in either...or read about python in general.
          I've done far more than you ever will, no question. Also go here and try to tell them what you're telling me. See how that works out. "Influenced" lol. Try to be even more vague, its your only hope.

WH

Comment

Y'all take your nerd fight somewhere else!

Haha seriously though, any recommendations on places? Java, python, anything?!?

Comment

I've done far more than you ever will, no question. Also go here and try to tell them what you're telling me. See how that works out. "Influenced" lol. Try to be even more vague, its your only hope.

https://python-forum.io/index.php
              Just fucking Google: C, Cpython, and Python. Your desire to appear correct has exceeded your ability to learn.

I'm guessing you got your software engineering degree from the same place you got your petroleum engineering degree?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                Haha seriously though, any recommendations on places? Java, python, anything?!?
                Imo, this is the place you want to go. (but there are plenty of others like it)

Learn the technical skills to get the job you want. Join over 50 million people choosing Codecademy to start a new career (or advance in their current one).

For what you are asking, I'd rank it as excellent. I'm considering paying for the php course later on this year. Haven't decided yet as I'm not sure yet if its really going to benefit me in the long run. Iirc somewhere on their site, they say that if you complete their entire course on a given language, then you are then prepared to take the certificate test for that language. When you go to get a job, in my experience and from everyone I've talked to, its more based on ability than qualifications, and they may have a test for you. But as they say, certs don't hurt. So its still something I did. If nothing else it builds self confidence that you have what it takes. You can check it out for free. You just don't get the quizzes, tests, and projects unless you pay. At least that's how it was when I did it.

Y'all take your nerd fight somewhere else!

Just fucking Google: C, Cpython, and Python. Your desire to appear correct has exceeded your ability to learn.

I'm guessing you got your software engineering degree from the same place you got your petroleum engineering degree?
                This is all very rich coming from the guy who really doesn't know what starvation means, and is too thick headed to put that into google. Now he's recommending others do that, for something that they do every day. All while he'd have us think that he knows the first thing about fasting. I never really considered putting you on ignore, but if you're this dense, I might. No real point in reading your posts.

I never got a petroleum engineering degree, that was all just talk to see if I even wanted to. Got a taste of what the job (i thought i wanted) would be like, and said fuck nope to that. So as per usual, your post consists of roughly 70% wrong information. But yeah really go to the python forum (that's the language I program in) and tell them what you're telling me, Mr. Confident. Do it. I'll even chime in since I'm a member, see if you can figure out which one is me.
                WH

Comment

Imo, this is the place you want to go. (but there are plenty of others like it)

Learn the technical skills to get the job you want. Join over 50 million people choosing Codecademy to start a new career (or advance in their current one).

For what you are asking, I'd rank it as excellent. I'm considering paying for the php course later on this year. Haven't decided yet as I'm not sure yet if its really going to benefit me in the long run. Iirc somewhere on their site, they say that if you complete their entire course on a given language, then you are then prepared to take the certificate test for that language. When you go to get a job, in my experience and from everyone I've talked to, its more based on ability than qualifications, and they may have a test for you. But as they say, certs don't hurt. So its still something I did. If nothing else it builds self confidence that you have what it takes. You can check it out for free. You just don't get the quizzes, tests, and projects unless you pay. At least that's how it was when I did it.
                  Thanks, that is one of them I was looking at. My problem at work is finding somewhere where my employees don't come bothering me which was one of the reasons I was looking for somewhere I could go. I'll look into their courses a little more and see if its something where I could find somewhere to hide up here and dive into it deeper.

Comment

Thanks, that is one of them I was looking at. My problem at work is finding somewhere where my employees don't come bothering me which was one of the reasons I was looking for somewhere I could go. I'll look into their courses a little more and see if its something where I could find somewhere to hide up here and dive into it deeper.
                    You'll learn a lot from 'em, I know I did. Its worth the money. Can't remembered what I paid... iirc it was like $200 or some such for 6 months but I used em for over a year. Python is one of the highest paid, (if not the highest paid) which if I'm being totally honest, is one of the reasons I went with that language back when I was still learning. (but you're always learning)
                    WH

Comment

You'll learn a lot from 'em, I know I did. Its worth the money. Can't remembered what I paid... iirc it was like $200 or some such for 6 months but I used em for over a year. Python is one of the highest paid, (if not the highest paid) which if I'm being totally honest, is one of the reasons I went with that language back when I was still learning. (but you're always learning)
                      Cool. I'm finishing up on a CS degree right now (finished with all basics finally) and am going to take over some programming tasks that I currently outsource at work when I'm ready. My goal is to build experience for a few years and be to the point where if I wanted to leave I can easily.

My job is pretty laid back right now though and I enjoy it....

Comment

Working...
                      X