Console Safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console Safes

Thinking of getting one for my new truck. Anyone have one or know anyone who does? Are they very effective? I have seen some great reviews on Lockerdown. https://www.lockerdown.com

Thanks.

Interesting that they have options for so many vehicles. But there's not a chance in hell that you'll be able to get to a gun should you need it immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Thinking of getting one for my new truck. Anyone have one or know anyone who does? Are they very effective? I have seen some great reviews on Lockerdown. https://www.lockerdown.com

Thanks.
      I actually have that one for my Crew Cab F150. Pretty solid. Obviously not going to stop a determined thief but they would need some time with it and it's definitely going to stop a smash and grab break in. I may be a little paranoid but when I go camping out in Colorado and New Mexico where I'll be pretty much out in the middle of no where with no cell reception, I've been known to keep my AR, 3 or 4 loaded magazines, my shotgun, and an extra pistol in there

It has the added advantage that it's big enough to fit my work backpack in it so if I need to stop somewhere after work, I can stuff my backpack with my laptop and other electronics in there.

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Interesting that they have options for so many vehicles. But there's not a chance in hell that you'll be able to get to a gun should you need it immediately.
      It's not a holster if that's what you are thinking. Or a quick access gun safe like in your house. It's a means of storage for when you are away from your vehicle to prevent EASY theft. Better than stuffing it under a seat or hiding it under some blankets. When I'm in the vehicle, I have my pistol ON ME. If I have a situation where I need to access my locked long gun in my truck, I'm driving away or fighting to get to it with my pistol. This would not be something that would be used in an LEO patrol vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I actually have that one for my Crew Cab F150. Pretty solid. Obviously not going to stop a determined thief but they would need some time with it and it's definitely going to stop a smash and grab break in. I may be a little paranoid but when I go camping out in Colorado and New Mexico where I'll be pretty much out in the middle of no where with no cell reception, I've been known to keep my AR, 3 or 4 loaded magazines, my shotgun, and an extra pistol in there

It has the added advantage that it's big enough to fit my work backpack in it so if I need to stop somewhere after work, I can stuff my backpack with my laptop and other electronics in there.

It's not a holster if that's what you are thinking. Or a quick access gun safe like in your house. It's a means of storage for when you are away from your vehicle to prevent EASY theft. Better than stuffing it under a seat or hiding it under some blankets. When I'm in the vehicle, I have my pistol ON ME. If I have a situation where I need to access my locked long gun in my truck, I'm driving away or fighting to get to it with my pistol. This would not be something that would be used in an LEO patrol vehicle.
        Thanks for the insight Jose. That is exactly what I wanted more for storage than quick access.

Comment

I plan on picking one up for the center console of my ranger. As someone who's had a firearm stolen from his vehicle once, I can say it's not a good feeling, and there's always a little piece of my brain thinking about where it could be and what kind of crime could be be being use in.

Comment

Working...
          X