No announcement yet.

Building an AR9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was happy it came in less than expected. It is right at 6 now that I have the heavy buffer in it.

Comment

does it have the heavy ass 9mm bcg?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes. The whole rear portion is just a solid plug.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Yes. The whole rear portion is just a solid plug.
          CJ showed me his 9mm bcg. Damn thing is heavy. Makes me wanna consider a gas system
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I just got back from the range. It ran well on both 115 and 147gr. The ejector did come loose when I tapped a magazine in with the bolt back. I think it may have been like that from the factory though as after tightening and rockset it was good the rest of the trip. I also had trouble with the Tirant 9 rear cap backing off every couple magazines. The suppressor issue may be a deal breaker as I hate to wait months for a TROS three lug and pay another $200 for the AAC triad if I can find one.

Comment

1 pic fail. Wharz the rest?
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Pretty light man. 9mm guns are heavy as balls usually
                I had a Colt factory 9mm AR but I don't remember it being heavy. What do you figure it weighed?
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

everything I can find says just under 6lbs

Also if anyone wants parts fromthat build I posted PM me. I just dont have the patience or money to deal with the suppressor issue right now. I would discount the whole thing and complete upper/lower assemblies as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                    everything I can find says just under 6lbs

Also if anyone wants parts fromthat build I posted PM me. I just dont have the patience or money to deal with the suppressor issue right now. I would discount the whole thing and complete upper/lower assemblies as well.
                    So you are selling the 9mm now? How much you want for that Samson rail? I bought a 12" Seekins MSCR (or whatever its called) but the damn thing doesn't fit my billet upper without some machining.
                    Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Yes I am selling it. I sent you a PM.

Comment

I used a DDLES dedicated lower with a RIA 9mm upper. It's not heavy to me at all. 7.5" barrel

Plus the 32rnd magazines are C-Products, and unlike most of their mags, the 9mm work great. I have about 15 or so mags for it.

With the suppressor, it sounds like stepping on a dried leaf when firing. Very quiet.

Comment

Wpuld you be interested in trading for a ar pistol?

Comment

Assuming that was directed at me.

I am not interested in trades and I have sold everything but the complete lower.

Comment

Working...
                            X