Pecan Lodge in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

Fuck that! I pay $6.99 per half at Rudy's and I've never had a bad batch. They have run out of ribs and smoked potatoes, but the brisket has always been consistent.
    Man, Rudy's isn't that great. I can't speak for Pecan Lodge, but I've never been impressed with anything at Rudy's.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Man, Rudy's isn't that great. I can't speak for Pecan Lodge, but I've never been impressed with anything at Rudy's.
      It's all I have in Allen Texas, Brent. I'm not driving to downtown Dallas to wait in a line outside in this heat for some BBQ. Fred's is great, but again it's in Irving.

And here are my choices in my area, Dickies and Colters...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

And here are my choices in my area, Dickies and Colters...
        When you put it that way, Rudy's all the way.

Comment

When you put it that way, Rudy's all the way.
          ahahahaha! Right!
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I disagree about Rudy's. The one in Allen is 8/10, and the one in north Austin/Round Rock is a 9/10.

I haven't been to many others, but the brisket at Rudy's is done right at those locations

Comment

Henry, have you tried http://www.bigraysbarbeque.com/

It's at the split of McDermont and Main just west of Greenville. I haven't been there yet, but it's at least another BBQ joint in the area.

Comment

dude... it's only $1 more per 1/2 pound than rudy's and it is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER.

don't get me wrong, i like rudy's alright (got a brisket sandwich last night in fact) but pecan lodge has ruined rudy's for me. hell, i used to do a good brisket myself before i sold my smoker but pecan lodge makes me look like a chump.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I disagree about Rudy's. The one in Allen is 8/10, and the one in north Austin/Round Rock is a 9/10.

I haven't been to many others, but the brisket at Rudy's is done right at those locations
                  The one in Boerne (pro; Bernie) is the best Rudy's that I have tried and I've tried them all (just about).

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  Henry, have you tried http://www.bigraysbarbeque.com/

It's at the split of McDermont and Main just west of Greenville. I haven't been there yet, but it's at least another BBQ joint in the area.
                  I have not yet, but they have been trying to sell that location for awhile. Not sure since I haven't heard anything about it and it always looks dead, so that's an indicator for me not to try it.

Originally posted by momo View Post
                  dude... it's only $1 more per 1/2 pound than rudy's and it is SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER.

don't get me wrong, i like rudy's alright (got a brisket sandwich last night in fact) but pecan lodge has ruined rudy's for me. hell, i used to do a good brisket myself before i sold my smoker but pecan lodge makes me look like a chump.
                  I agree with you Mo and its not the money, I just have a real problem waiting to eat at ANY restaurant, they could have gold plated pussy on the menu and I'm still not waiting an hour or more in no fucking line in the Texas heat to eat.

Comment

they could have gold plated pussy on the menu and I'm still not waiting an hour or more in no fucking line in the Texas heat to eat.
                    That's what you call winter bbq.

Comment

The BBQ beans are awesome.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        The BBQ beans are awesome.
                        Yes they are, I always put in some more brisket crumbles and a splash of Rudy's sauce. I guess I know what's for dinner tonight, thanks Baron!

Comment

Yes they are, I always put in some more brisket crumbles and a splash of Rudy's sauce. I guess I know what's for dinner tonight, thanks Baron!
                          No shit, Im gonna have to stop there on the way home too!
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No shit, Im gonna have to stop there on the way home too!
                            Which one do you go to, DJ?

Comment

Which one do you go to, DJ?
                              South Arlington next to the highlands. My wife really likes the chicken (and that is about the only meat she eats) I get either brisket or something. I like that they have more than one sauce, too.

Comment

South Arlington next to the highlands. My wife really likes the chicken (and that is about the only meat she eats) I get either brisket or something. I like that they have more than one sauce, too.
                                Ah yes, been to that one too. I took my Mom there for Mothers day and few of my sisters that had never been there. Now they can't get enough.
                                I should move to Arlington, most of my sisters and Mom live there. And quite a few friends as well.

Rudy's I've been too;
                                Original location in Boerne
                                Austin (Roundrock)
                                Denton
                                Frisco
                                Allen
                                Corpus Christy
                                Arlington
                                Waco - I used to go to LMR to pick up my parts and then go to Rudy's and eat, then bring some home before they opened the one in Denton. Guys at LMR used to tell me that could have my parts delivered by UPS in one day. I said yeah but then I don't get any Rudy's, lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X