Help 😳

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 😳

We have been doing IRA'a and stocks threw a company, but I would like to start handling the stocks on my own. Knowing that several of you guys do this, I'd like to know who you go threw along with the ins and outs. Been wanting to do this for a whole
    Photobucket

Vanguard. I'm no finance expert and couldn't do much better than their funds if left to my own judgement. They have low fees and good options.

Comment

I'll look into it. If nothing else it's a good start. Thank you
      I hate that IRA's have a max cap per year. They do pretty good, but I think I can do better.
      Last edited by BlackSnake; 08-06-2017, 02:00 PM.
      Photobucket

Comment

I use Scottrade....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          threw a company........ but I would like to start handling the stocks on my own.....who you go threw along with the ins and outs. Been wanting to do this for a whole
          don't....please don't....

might i suggest a go fund me acct.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I would put 1-2K into a trading account (do your due diligence to see what account/program/company works best for you), and trade with that for a while before you go trying to manage your whole retirement on your own. It isn't rocket science, however, it isn't the quick and easy windfall a lot of people would lead you to believe
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Berkshire Hathaway does really well year after year. That and you get a discount on Geico insurance if you use them. Ford stock isn't too hot but they pay a decent dividend every year. My best performer is CCL over the last couple of years and if you have 100 shares you get on board credit.

Comment

Well, this sounds like a great idea.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Berkshire Hathaway does really well year after year. That and you get a discount on Geico insurance if you use them. Ford stock isn't too hot but they pay a decent dividend every year. My best performer is CCL over the last couple of years and if you have 100 shares you get on board credit.
                  Irony alert. Warren BUFFET.

Comment

I use vanguard and so does my wife. I also have a personal acct where I pick stocks with capitaloneinvesting. Honestly index funds with vanguard will do just as good over the longhaul and be easier. The only guy to always outperform the market index was Bernie Madoff..... and we all know how that turned out.

Look for funds with a good 5 yr performance and low fees!!! Some places tape you on fees. 1 yr performance gains can easily become overnight bombs.

Also use your own knowledge to play funds. I'm not allowed to buy one energy stock but I've timed ins and outs in energy funds quite well. I sold one at $93 per share and bought back in at $72 with the same money. Now it's back up to $90. I basically got a 15% increase in shares by knowing trends. I'm going to cash out of the energy fund again in the next 12-18 months I imagine. My s&p index fund grows and grows steadily and I don't touch it or worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Well, this sounds like a great idea.
                      I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm sure I can do better!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        don't....please don't....

might i suggest a go fund me acct.

god bless.
                        Lol. I know man...
                        Photobucket

Comment

Thank you guys for the insight. I just hate being capped off on IRA's at under 6k yearly. It's still 500ish a month and usually does pretty good. Just looking for more options. Want to get rich before I die lol. And at 55 years of age, I don't have much time left.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Just buy some MO and let it ride for years. Currently in a dip but that is when I like to start building a position. Buy a little and if it goes down, add some more! Pays good dividend and I highly doubt the company will go away in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                              Just buy some MO and let it ride for years. Currently in a dip but that is when I like to start building a position. Buy a little and if it goes down, add some more! Pays good dividend and I highly doubt the company will go away in my lifetime.
                              MO?
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X