Single shot and muzzle loading rifles are the next threat to our security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single shot and muzzle loading rifles are the next threat to our security

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Absolutely none of what she's proposing would have prevented her shooting.

He tried to enlist in the Army and was denied. He was kicked out of community college for behavioral problems. He had two different criminal charges so he was already in the court system. He attended public school. That's at least 4 different stages in his life that someone with basic skills medicine could have possibly keyed in on his mental illness.

Training people to recognize conditions like paranoid schizophrenia might have actually done him some good. It'd be a whole lot cheaper and less offensive to law abiding citizens than trying to infringe on their constitutional rights.

Comment

Just what we need are a bunch of know it alls diagnosing people. That shit doesn’t work, new guns laws don’t work. Reality is, it comes down to a family structure system that no longer exists in the USA.

Comment

Perhaps, if we just made killing people illegal, it would solve all of this
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Just what we need are a bunch of know it alls diagnosing people. That shit doesn’t work, new guns laws don’t work. Reality is, it comes down to a family structure system that no longer exists in the USA.
          This is in line with my thoughts. Non military involved mass shootings (mass killings, really) in the US are a fairly new phenomenom. Soceity has changed. Guns and mental problems have always existed, people just handled them differently. So the solution in my opinion is figure out what changed in our society.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            This is in line with my thoughts. Non military involved mass shootings (mass killings, really) in the US are a fairly new phenomenom. Soceity has changed. Guns and mental problems have always existed, people just handled them differently. So the solution in my opinion is figure out what changed in our society.
            In line with what David said, I think it's all parenting resulting in adults who are easily crushed. Additionally, all the housing having .25 acre or less lots - crammed together like sardines - kids don't even get to release most of their energy, learn about the outdoors, scouting, hiking, exploring...etc...etc

A lot of video games and not enough real world experiences.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

even if I tried I bet I couldn't reload and be ready to fire with my CVA in under 12-15 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Perhaps, if we just made killing people illegal, it would solve all of this
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  In line with what David said, I think it's all parenting resulting in adults who are easily crushed. Additionally, all the housing having .25 acre or less lots - crammed together like sardines - kids don't even get to release most of their energy, learn about the outdoors, scouting, hiking, exploring...etc...etc

A lot of video games and not enough real world experiences.
                  I think parenting is the core of the issue, but I am not willing to say it is the only factor. Most large problems have more than one cause (US Civil War, WW 1 and 2, etc). And if parenting is the largest cause, then yes we need to focus on that, but what caused parenting to fail like it has? If you dont fix that then parenting will start to fail again eventually.

Comment

Breakdown of the family and a general move away from Judaeo-Christian values.

50 years ago, guns were a lot more accessible and how often were mass shootings? Heck, you could even bring a gun on campus. Stuff was usually taken care of at the flagpole after class, not at the end of a barrel.

Ugh...and these idiot politicians:
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Are y'all serious? what changed?????
                      When I was in school and got into trouble I got my ass BEAT and again when I got home. Parents and teachers would go to jail for that today
                      High school kids drove to school with rifles in the back window racks of their trucks, no problems. again now go to jail.
                      Fights did not involve knives and guns.
                      Car and house doors unlocked, Churches unlocked. I could not believe it when Churches started locking their doors.
                      Society stopped holding people accountable for their actions and instead looks for someone/something to blame, it is us to blame.
                      What is the first thing someone who has done something wrong or has broke the law look for ...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        Breakdown of the family and a general move away from Judaeo-Christian values.

50 years ago, guns were a lot more accessible and how often were mass shootings? Heck, you could even bring a gun on campus. Stuff was usually taken care of at the flagpole after class, not at the end of a barrel.

Ugh...and these idiot politicians:
                        What caused the breakdown of the family and loss of Judeo-Christian values?

Comment

Originally posted by ryuu View Post
                          Society stopped holding people accountable for their actions
                          This. Its ALL this. Bleeding hearts that are too stupid, and to bereft of wisdom to severely punish the guilty. Instead they go sit in an air conditioned cell at worst.
                          WH

Comment

We stopped locking up crazy people for the rest of their lives and stopped forcing meds down the throats of the ones we let stay on the streets. Back in the day men in white outfits really would show up and take you away if you were crazy.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

What caused the breakdown of the family and loss of Judeo-Christian values?
                              Started with the 60's free love if-it-feels-good-do-it, "Great Society" programs, and the non-existent separation of church and state issue.

Decent opinion piece on the topic:
                              American society used to be governed by Judeo-Christian do-unto-others morals. But we have drifted (been pushed, really) into a hedonistic YOLO (You Only Live Once) cultural morass.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X