Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    They're just Easter eggs, they have nothing to do with the actual storyline. The ship was probably done as a nod at Wheddon, who wrote alien: resurrection; which by the way was a very shitty movie and firefly. Wheddon also wrote for the Angel series.
    Ressurection was better than Alien 3. Just sayin'.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
      or perhaps Predators hunted them too? perhaps the xenomorph may have been their experimental bio-weapon to destroy the Predator threat?

Remember, there are two "races" of Predator to deal with...the "hunters" and the "killers". (The "killers" were introduced in "Predators"....and in the comics they have xenomorphs somewhat domesticated so they can use them as a hunting dog of some sort).
      The Alien VS. Predator was stemmed from this, which came out in 1993. It was only made because the people wanted it made. From what I remember the game fucking sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        It was a weak attempt at trying to revive the franchise, Wheddon fucked it up. Alien and Aliens are the two best movies out of the whole franchise.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

It was a weak attempt at trying to revive the franchise, Wheddon fucked it up. Alien and Aliens are the two best movies out of the whole franchise.
          I think he tried to make it more like Aliens was. The goofy retard-strength alien getting sucked out of that hole at the end was hilarious. I remember not liking Alien 3 but I just IMDB'd it and it said David Fincher directed it...maybe I was too young to enjoy it. I really need to watch them all again considering the only ones I've seen recently are Aliens and Resurrection. I don't remember shit from the first one and very little from the 3rd.

Comment

• Just saw that Whedon only helped write it, not direct it. Again, I'd have to rewatch them all to make a fair assessment now. It's Whedon by the way. Not Wheddon.

Comment

Just saw that Whedon only helped write it, not direct it. Again, I'd have to rewatch them all to make a fair assessment now. It's Whedon by the way. Not Wheddon.
              Whedon screwed up the script. I didn't like it one bit. It was too cheesy. If you do watch the first one, I bet you'll change your mind on which ones are the best. I remember watching Alien when I was younger and it scared the shit out of me. Aliens was bad ass and still made me jump. I can watch both movies over and over without being bored of them.
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Whedon screwed up the script. I didn't like it one bit. It was too cheesy. If you do watch the first one, I bet you'll change your mind on which ones are the best. I remember watching Alien when I was younger and it scared the shit out of me. Aliens was bad ass and still made me jump. I can watch both movies over and over without being bored of them.
                I will. That shit was made back in '97 so fairly early in his career. I'll admit that I used to watch Angel and to a lesser extent Buffy when I was in high school and for the next couple of years after I graduated and will say that at the time, those two shows were probably some of the best written dramas on TV. Season 4 is one of the best supernatural drama seasons of television that I've seen. I used to think that the first Terminator sucked until about a month ago when I watched it again for the first time in 10+ years and now realize just how smart the movie was.

Comment

They're just Easter eggs, they have nothing to do with the actual storyline. The ship was probably done as a nod at Wheddon, who wrote alien: resurrection; which by the way was a very shitty movie and firefly. Wheddon also wrote for the Angel series.
                  Beat me to it

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
                  Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Yes and no. Res was a little over the top

Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I will. That shit was made back in '97 so fairly early in his career. I'll admit that I used to watch Angel and to a lesser extent Buffy when I was in high school and for the next couple of years after I graduated and will say that at the time, those two shows were probably some of the best written dramas on TV. Season 4 is one of the best supernatural drama seasons of television that I've seen. I used to think that the first Terminator sucked until about a month ago when I watched it again for the first time in 10+ years and now realize just how smart the movie was.
                      I liked Angel, the series finale was killer but left you wanting more. When you watch Alien, you'll feel the same way about it like you did with Terminator. At least I think you will.

Comment

The Alien VS. Predator was stemmed from this, which came out in 1993. It was only made because the people wanted it made. From what I remember the game fucking sucked.

Sucked is being nice. The two was never meant to run together. But fans was wanting the two coolest monsters to fight it out

Comment

True dat

Comment

• Want there to be another aliens game to come out? Space marines or something

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                              Want there to be another aliens game to come out? Space marines or something

Yes, Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's set right after the Aliens movie to find out what happened to Ripley and the marines. It actually looks pretty badass. Supposedly there will be some hints of Prometheus in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                                Want there to be another aliens game to come out? Space marines or something

I don't know if you ever played Aliens VS Predator on the 360 or PS3 but it lets you be a marine, alien, or predator. The game was pretty much designed to cater to people that want to play as a predator and if you do it's actually pretty damned fun. I tried playing as a marine and alien though and the controls just fucking sucked so I couldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X