No announcement yet.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I almost always watch it the same night it runs. The pieces are really coming together as far as Hydra origins and that sort of thing.

The main thing that I always try to remind myself is that the inhumans are designed by the Kree to be a humanity-ending weapon. Daisy and her ilk are bucking the trend. With it released world wide, it is reasonable to assume that if left un-checked, the inhuman factor would wipe us all out. The knowledge of this fact and a small group of people working against it is the only thing keeping it from snowballing. Now we know that Hydra's ultimate goal is to make sure the Kree plan works. Cool story.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Yeah, I almost always watch it the same night it runs. The pieces are really coming together as far as Hydra origins and that sort of thing.

The main thing that I always try to remind myself is that the inhumans are designed by the Kree to be a humanity-ending weapon. Daisy and her ilk are bucking the trend. With it released world wide, it is reasonable to assume that if left un-checked, the inhuman factor would wipe us all out. The knowledge of this fact and a small group of people working against it is the only thing keeping it from snowballing. Now we know that Hydra's ultimate goal is to make sure the Kree plan works. Cool story.
      so let me get this straight...
      hydra was formed to investigate and find ways to bring back the storm weird alien man on planet Jemma was on so he could conquer the world? if that is so whom is the man inside the storm??

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
        so let me get this straight...
        As far as I know...

We don't yet know exactly who/what the crazy alien storm guy is, but we know that Hydra knows it leads to a different planet, and based on what Powers Boothe was saying, the Hydra plan is to help the aliens win, and rule what's left of the planet when that happens.

Comment

• It's supposed to be "Death", but a strange tv/shield version of it/her. Probably won't have much to do with the comics version.
          sigpic

Comment

• so hydra trying to bring back whom/whatever is on that planet is why they have always dabbled in extra terrestrial and sciencey things i suppose then....

the quote...
            Thousands of years ago, an inhuman was born on this planet, that was destined to rule it—so powerful, so fearsome, that others were consumed with dread. And so they banished it from the earth, sent it through the portal to a distant planet. Hydra was founded with the sole purpose of engineering its return. Over generations, Hydra’s taken different shapes. The entity has been given different names. But every generation has sent men through the portal, hoping to save or at least serve our leader on the other side. Now we’re building an army for it to command when it returns, and you and I will rule beside it.
            Last edited by zachary; 11-19-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Great link, Tony. Some good info there.

Comment

Great link, Tony. Some good info there.
                  Good read.

Comment

• neat link and i liked the read, but anyone kinda disappointed with the origin of Hydra...like i expected it to be more...sinister..not made to follow one person trying to rule the world...

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                      neat link and i liked the read, but anyone kinda disappointed with the origin of Hydra...like i expected it to be more...sinister..not made to follow one person trying to rule the world...
                      I always assumed they just wanted to watch the world burn but that isn't enough of a purpose to keep a tv series moving I guess.

I thought the scene with Ward taking out a commercial plane just to get to his destination shows that guy isn't coming back. I know people have wondered or speculated.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I always assumed they just wanted to watch the world burn but that isn't enough of a purpose to keep a tv series moving I guess.

I thought the scene with Ward taking out a commercial plane just to get to his destination shows that guy isn't coming back. I know people have wondered or speculated.
                        He didn't take it out, he just opened the door for them.

Comment

He didn't take it out, he just opened the door for them.
                          right. just letting in some fresh air.

Comment

right. just letting in some fresh air.
                            Hah, pretty much. He made a point to make sure the flight attendant was belted in and mentioned something about the pilot getting the plane down to a safe altitude. But I agree with the larger point: there is no redemption for Ward. He's a great villain.

Comment

• He has turned into a great villain. I was really iffy on how evil the guy was going to be. I was thinking they may keep him a B villain to keep the seed planted for him to double cross Hydra. But that is gone for the foreseeable future.

On the bigger plot of the show, maybe we are going to see the whole team make it to that planet. Did anyone else find it odd the show makes it seem like Hydra was unaware of the Monolith SHIELD had for years?

Comment

He has turned into a great villain. I was really iffy on how evil the guy was going to be. I was thinking they may keep him a B villain to keep the seed planted for him to double cross Hydra. But that is gone for the foreseeable future.

On the bigger plot of the show, maybe we are going to see the whole team make it to that planet. Did anyone else find it odd the show makes it seem like Hydra was unaware of the Monolith SHIELD had for years?
                                I thought the same thing on Ward. Good on them for taking him all the way.

I have no predictions for where that is going as far as the alien planet. It does seem like that'll come back into play though. Will (the astronaut security guy) seemed cool, but maybe too cool? I don't know. It'd be interesting if they rescued him only to find that he was in on more than he let on. (Hydra?) Then again, he might be holding a grudge on that one, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X