Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '03 Cobra vs. '03 Mach 1

*edit. It's a very slow race.
    My brother purchased a a near stock '03 Cobra last weekend, and I wanted to see how the Mach held up against it. He has a catted X and magnaflows (eww), and I have an O/R X, Mac 3" catback, pro5.0, Eibach springs, and 4.10s.

When we went out, his car had 2 people in it and I was alone. We did 3 pulls, and each one he'd jump out in front on the hit, but as soon as I would shift I'd pass him and put just a small distance between us. I thought I was gonna have my ass drug, but the Mach held its own.

Even though it's not gonna last, I'm just happy to say my Mach could beat a stock Terminator. Now it's time for me to get a tubular K and install my Kooks, '98 cobra cams, aluminum driveshaft, shocks, and control arms. I'm hopping to hit mid to high 7s once I'm done.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Your brother must not be able to drive, or there is something wrong with that Cobra because there is no way in hell you should be able to pull a termi. Both motors were underrated, but he should have damn near 90hp and 90 ftlbs of torque on you.

With your mods, I doubt that you would pull my Formula, and an 03 cobra should walk me.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Your brother must not be able to drive, or there is something wrong with that Cobra because there is no way in hell you should be able to pull a termi. Both motors were underrated, but he should have damn near 90hp and 90 ftlbs of torque on you.

With your mods, I doubt that you would pull my Formula, and an 03 cobra should walk me.
      Cobras with those mods usually dyno 360 or so. And given my huge weight advantage, it's not too much of a surprise. Take a look at stock Cobra 1/8 times (8.5s or so) versus my 1/8 time. I wasn't launching hard on my runs either.
      I'd be glad to run your formula, all that're in town here are SSs. Every Ls1 and Mach 1 I've ran I've beat so far. The last Mach I ran had LTs, ported intake, CAI, tune, etc, and I was able to walk around him on shitty 245 street tires with an exhaust leak
      I mean Mike beat a stock '03 Cobra too, and all he had on it was a weight advantage. He's at 325rwhp

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
        Cobras with those mods usually dyno 360 or so. And given my huge weight advantage, it's not too much of a surprise. Take a look at stock Cobra 1/8 times (8.5s or so) versus my 1/8 time. I wasn't launching hard on my runs either.
        I'd be glad to run your formula, all that're in town here are SSs. Every Ls1 and Mach 1 I've ran I've beat so far. The last Mach I ran had LTs, ported intake, CAI, tune, etc, and I was able to walk around him on shitty 245 street tires with an exhaust leak
        I mean Mike beat a stock '03 Cobra too, and all he had on it was a weight advantage. He's at 325rwhp
        Ah, I didn't see the passengers part last night. What kind of race was it? Roll or dig? What speed did you race to?

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Ah, I didn't see the passengers part last night. What kind of race was it? Roll or dig? What speed did you race to?
          Roll. About a 30 roll the first two times. He was in 2nd with 3.55s and I was in 2nd with 4.10s. The third time we were going about 55 when he went to pass me, so I shifter into 3rd and took off. Each time we cut out around 110-120.

sigpic

Comment

When my 03 Cobra was two day old and had less then 400 miles on it I made three passes @13.0,12.7 and a 12.6 @ 113 and I know it could have gone faster with more seat time. Your Mach must run good for what it is because if your brother can drive good his should be quick.

BTW I always liked the Mach 1s.

Comment

Originally posted by jleews6 View Post
              When my 03 Cobra was two day old and had less then 400 miles on it I made three passes @13.0,12.7 and a 12.6 @ 113 and I know it could have gone faster with more seat time. Your Mach must run good for what it is because if your brother can drive good his should be quick.

BTW I always liked the Mach 1s.
              Thats what I thought, but the added weight from the passengers slowed him down. His mach ran an 8.2@86 with slicks, so that should be high 12's. So yeah, I can see him edging a stock cobra with two passengers.

Comment

That 8.19 @86 was my fourth or fifth actual launch at the drag strip ever. If I get more time in, hopefully I'll go faster. Considering I had blown shocks, an exhaust leak, and trashed motor mounts, I should drop some time once it's all fixed.

sigpic

Comment

Let me drive that Cobra! I will give you odds I would bust your ass! Im sure your Mach is fast! But not that Fast & I have 2 LS1's if you want to see what your Mach has up against a LS1
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

The Cobra was fat as hell on that run. I'd like to run one of your LS1s. What are the specs on each? I want to run one that's close to stock...not cammed lol.
                    What've you ran at the track so far with them?

sigpic

Comment

The Cobra was fat as hell on that run. I'd like to run one of your LS1s. What are the specs on each? I want to run one that's close to stock...not cammed lol.
                      Just for reference ,My 01 WS6 6 speed went 13.0 @109 when it was brand new and dead stock. With more seat time it would have run 12s stock. I went back the next week and ran 12.80 @ 111 with just a lid. That should give you an idea of what a good running LS1 runs. I have seen some stock Mach 1s run mid 13s stock so your car should run good.

Comment

Originally posted by jleews6 View Post
                        Just for reference ,My 01 WS6 6 speed went 13.0 @109 when it was brand new and dead stock. With more seat time it would have run 12s stock. I went back the next week and ran 12.80 @ 111 with just a lid. That should give you an idea of what a good running LS1 runs. I have seen some stock Mach 1s run mid 13s stock so your car should run good.
                        Seems to be running good! I've been happy with my Mach so far. I'd like to get a pull in with one of you guys some time. There's a wide range of times due to driving skills too...there are several 100% stock Machs that went 12.8-.9, but same with the LS1 cars, as you have proven, along with many others.

sigpic

Comment

JleeWS6 would prolly be a better run for you. The Joker (Orange 6spd SS) runs 7.50s on motor & The Rat (Black Auto Ram Air Formula) runs 6.80s on motor. But I will say im impressed with your times the Mach puts down. Im leaning towards getting a 96 Mystic Cobra next year. Guy off FB says his runs high 12s with just 4.56 gears & Longtubes and Bolt Ons and still knocks down 25 mpg hwy
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          And while his kidney stones pass,
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                            JleeWS6 would prolly be a better run for you. The Joker (Orange 6spd SS) runs 7.50s on motor & The Rat (Black Auto Ram Air Formula) runs 6.80s on motor. But I will say im impressed with your times the Mach puts down. Im leaning towards getting a 96 Mystic Cobra next year. Guy off FB says his runs high 12s with just 4.56 gears & Longtubes and Bolt Ons and still knocks down 25 mpg hwy
                            I have a slick BAB that you should buy

sigpic

Comment

I have a slick BAB that you should buy
                              Seb doesn't need anymore cars!!!!!!
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X