Note from my child's school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note from my child's school

My two year old is enrolled in a Montessori school. They sent this email today:

Upon enrolling your child in [removed] you were given a copy of the Parent Handbook and you signed and returned the acknowledgement form saying that you had read it and that you would follow our policies. On page 8 of that handbook we have listed our Promoting a Non-Violent Learning Environment. According to this policy, parents are required to remove all toy guns, toy knives, toy swords, and violent movies, including cartoons (those dealing with bloodshed, fighting, killing, etc.) and computer games.
    We have noticed that some of the children have been playing guns at school. We have questioned the children and several have told us they have water guns and other types of toy guns at home.
    If you child has this type of toys at home please remove them immediately. Any child who continues to play guns at school may be dismissed from the school with or without notice.
    We appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep our learning environment non-violent.
    What a pussified country we live in where your child may be kicked out of a school for playing just like every other kid in the world does. They're literally telling us (or trying to) what types of toys our children should play with at home...

Why did you sign it in the first place?

Comment

Tell them to get bent.

Comment

Tell them to eat shit.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Why did you sign it in the first place?
          This. Fuck that shit! Who knows what they are teaching your kid all day.

And I'm guessing it's not cheap, either. I'd want to pull my kid out, but would rather go down in flames now. Send him to school with a couple of cap guns.

Comment

A school dictating what you can and can not have in your house??? Fuck a bunch of that....I would take my kid out of that school pronto.
            sigpic

Comment

Fuck that place.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                This. Fuck that shit! Who knows what they are teaching your kid all day.

And I'm guessing it's not cheap, either. I'd want to pull my kid out, but would rather go down in flames now. Send him to school with a couple of cap guns.
                Like!

Comment

Post the fuck out of that on reddit, with details, and let it blow up in their face.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    100% the only option you have left. remember.... if youre gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!!

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      Post the fuck out of that on reddit, with details, and let it blow up in their face.
                      I kinda like that idea.

Comment

You know what to do

V
                        V
                        V

Comment

As others have said fuck that shit. Those 2 year olds are stone cold killers.

Comment

what does that even mean?

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Does it also say in the handbook that your kid has to wear a bubble suit during school?

Comment

Working...
                              X