What's your preferred tire brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your preferred tire brand?

Shopping for tires for the wife's Tahoe and the only new tires I've bought were Michelins but damn they are expensive compared to others. Granted I've had great luck with mine, what say you dfwmustangs?

Maypops

Comment

I've been a Michelin tire guy for a while, but lately they seem to wear out faster and they are premium price. I talked to a Nitto representative at the SFoT last October and I tried the Nitto Motivos (Made in the USA) and they are great for the money. The factory Pirellis and GY tires are trash. Not sure about the truck or SUV tires, but Nitto has seemed to be putting out a nice tire for the price...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have Nitto motivos on the mustang and I like them a lot for normal use. We had pirelli scorpion str's on the edge and they wore out way too fast. The durango has goodyears, so far so good.

Comment

Michelin or Perelli when I can afford it. For the money you cannot go wrong with falcon.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I use Michelin Defender LTX MS on all of my trucks and will never use anything else. It is not uncommon for me to get 60k plus miles out of a set.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Michelin on anything that is a daily driver.

Comment

I've always replaced the Pirelli's on my Stangs when needed, with Michelin's. Last time I went with a Continental DWS I think, I was pleased with them. Compared nicely to the Michelin's I've had, and cheaper.

Comment

Michelin or BFG.

Drag radials. BFG or Mickey Thompson.

Comment

For trucks and SUVs, Michelin LTX or BFG AT
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Love the Pilot Sport Cup 2s on my Focus RS. Will be getting them on the mustang in 2030 when i put enough miles on it to use the current fresh set of tires i have on it.

Expensive, super grippy, but they are at 12k miles and going strong. Figured they would be doneski at 6-7k.

Comment

Michelin or BFG here too. Had poor luck with Dunlop and Yokohama.

Comment

Michelin or Continental for a daily driver. Cooper is good as well.

Back when I had Mustangs, I first tried Nitto 555Rs. What a joke. Spinfest at the track, and everywhere else for that matter. Next set was Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets. The difference was brutal. Made the car bog off the line. Which I was fine with because I realized that I finally found the right tire moving forward.

Comment

Whatever is high rated and good deal on Amazon at the time

Comment

Kumho Ecsta STX replaced the pirelli scorpion that came on my f150 tremor. Much better tire than the pirelli but a bit noisier. I'll deal with the added noise for the gains in traction dry and wet and much better wet weather siping, less hydroplaning tendencies.

I believe I paid just over $500 for the set of 275/55/20, shipped, from tirebuyer.com.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X