No announcement yet.

Superman ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be better than that POS Superman Returns.

Comment

Well I heard that the next superman was gonna be played by a black guy
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        This has to be better than that POS Superman Returns.
        I liked superman returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I liked superman returns.
          It had one good scene, with the plane crash. Other than that, it was crap.

Superman as a dead beat Dad, an interesting spin.

Comment

Sounds like it has potential with that cast.

Comment

Possible plot synopsis that was put out with the casting call for The Man of Steel:

In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

I hope this isn't true because it sounds like a movie version of Smallville.
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Closer look at Henry Cavill in the Superman costume

I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Comment

In some of them he kind of resembles Christopher Reeves from the face. Also why is the shield not on the cape??

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                      In some of them he kind of resembles Christopher Reeves on steroids. Also why is the shield not on the cape??
                      That motha is jacked up!! I don't like the suit. My .02.

Comment

Texture of the suit looks too much like Spiderman imo. It does look good, just sort of like a rip off though.

Comment

I just realized this is updated suit from the current comics. He doesn't have the red underwear in the comic either. I don't mind it looking like the spiderman because quite frankly spandex would look silly for a modern version of Superman. Here's Superman in DC comics's reboot from Superman #1:

Last edited by idrivea4banger; 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            That motha is jacked up!! I don't like the suit. My .02.
                            I don't think he is. I'm sure it was made to look like that. The fabric that costume is made out of would have to be very thin and I doubt his veins would be that visible.

Comment

Not saying that it doesn't look good; he looks like he needs to play superman, but I would really like Hollywood to come up with a few more original ideas. Even half an original idea. I mean, look at "Book of Eli"; sure the post-apocalypse movie has been done before, but at least they did it differently. Now we are getting the Hulk; then a remake. Then Spiderman; then a remake. Then Superman; then a shitty sequel, then a remake. Then Batman, then a remake. And it goes on.....
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                                Not saying that it doesn't look good; he looks like he needs to play superman, but I would really like Hollywood to come up with a few more original ideas. Even half an original idea. I mean, look at "Book of Eli"; sure the post-apocalypse movie has been done before, but at least they did it differently. Now we are getting the Hulk; then a remake. Then Spiderman; then a remake. Then Superman; then a shitty sequel, then a remake. Then Batman, then a remake. And it goes on.....
                                The way I see it is these movies are like comic books. You have different storylines about Superman, Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk, etc..; different versions, alternation universes. Granted some don't last as long as other series the movies are no different. Some suck some don't. For the first time we don't have Lex Luthor as the main villain in the storyline. Were getting a look into his kryptonian heritage and his ability to adapt into humanity. I don't think any other movie has explored that aspect of Superman. There's only one venue that has done that. Like I said before this reminds more of the tv show Smallville. With Nolan on as a producer you have to sense a feeling that he will do this movie justice. Either way this has me more stoked than Superman Returns ever did.

Comment

Working...
                                X