Reticle for really long range shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reticle for really long range shooting

I recently picked up a rifle for really long range shooting and need to put some glass onto it. This kind of range will be 500 meters farther out then I have any experience with and I am completely stumped as to the reticle type that would work the best. I have narrowed it down to the MSR reticle or the Horus H59 reticle. I am leaning towards the H59 but from what I have read many shooters prefer the MSR for long range. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

I prefer a Horus style reticle because it easier to hold for both elevation and wind simultaneously. A lot of guys do it without the hash marks but they are nice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      This kind of range will be 500 meters farther out then I have any experience with.

I would suggest a telescope now that you got those moon targets set out for you by NASA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Age must be catching up to you. I figured you could just squint at that distance with peep sights.

Comment

Why are you asking for advice? I was under the impression you invented long range shooting.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            I would suggest a telescope now that you got those moon targets set out for you by NASA.
            I was planning on only shooting as far as a .338LM will stay above 1100 fps.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            Age must be catching up to you. I figured you could just squint at that distance with peep sights.
            I can hit a target at 1000 yards with a M1 with match sights; a big target.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Why are you asking for advice? I was under the impression you invented long range shooting.
            A man has to know his limitations.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

depending on what you want to spend the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 is a good long range scope for around 1k.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                depending on what you want to spend the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 is a good long range scope for around 1k.
                I am buying a Schmidt and Bender, I was just torn on what reticle to get.

Comment

I am buying a Schmidt and Bender, I was just torn on what reticle to get.
                  Let us all know when the new Schmidt and Bender limited edition svo reticle scope is in the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Let us all know when the new Schmidt and Bender limited edition svo reticle scope is in the stores.
                    I was just going to order an off the shelf model from Brownells. I could put a sticker on it that says "SVO" if that would tickle your senseabilities.

Comment

I was just going to order an off the shelf model from Brownells. I could put a sticker on it that says "SVO" if that would tickle your senseabilities.
                      No. I just like givin ya a hard time. I'm probably going to try a nightforce for my first foray into longer ranges. I'm going to start with 308 or 6.5. If I love it I may step up to 338.

Comment

This kind of range will be 500 meters farther
                        Looks like your phone auto corrected when you tried to type MILES.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                          Shooting form Texas, his targets are probably in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                            Considering how no gun ever made can shoot farther than 120 miles I would have to say that auto correct was not a factor in my statement.

Comment

Not a fan of h59 myself. If you are going horus I prefer the Tremor 3. Other than that the h2cmr with it's .2 mil subtensions in S&B . Other option would be gen2xr (I have ran this reticle in my premier to 1800yds) it is really really thin which a lot of elr guys really prefer.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X