Roadkill Vs. Gas Monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadkill Vs. Gas Monkey

It's going down! I don't care if it is staged or not!

Show I love vs show I watch when I have nothing better to do and need background noise. I hope Roadkill brings the other group up instead of Dick Rowlings bringing Roadkill down.

Comment

I don't really understand how this is a thing, since Roadkill are legit hot rod guys that like to do silly shit for fun and Gas Monkey are car flippers with a monster ego.

But whatever, I'll watch anything Freiburger wants to put out there.

I've had more fun watching Roadkill than any car show in the last few years.

Comment

during work one day I had the TV on Discovery, they were having a marathon of the gas monkey spin off. They were working on a 60's mustang, and talking about how expensive the paint was and that it would be impossible to match the color. Then they show this inbred kid spray painting a driveshaft white in front of the shop fan. Then they say he got a lot of overspray on the mustang and it might ruin the build. Only problem was the damn can was clearly plastidip! They went on for half the show trying to fix the paint. Even brought in Rawlings buffing guy and had him say he couldn't get the paint to buff off.
        It's that kind of fake Bull Shit that turns me off of these shows. AND it's the lack of that BS that makes Roadkill so awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          Show I love vs show I watch when I have nothing better to do and need background noise. I hope Roadkill brings the other group up instead of Dick Rowlings bringing Roadkill down.
          My feelings exactly.

Comment

What are the terms supposed to be? Roadkill said "junkyard build", but it looks like they're taking the General Mayhem to Diversified Creations and they're dropping a Hellcat motor in it. Then what?

Comment

Also, it looks like Mighty Car Mods out of Australia are involved somehow. I love their goofball show too, so whatever this turns into could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                What are the terms supposed to be? Roadkill said "junkyard build", but it looks like they're taking the General Mayhem to Diversified Creations and they're dropping a Hellcat motor in it. Then what?

http://diversifiedcreations.com/davi...urgerroadkill/
                From my understanding it is taking a hellcat engine each and slamming it in a beater. Also seems like this game is already underway. Bet it will be some crazy dukes of hazard shit.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  I don't really understand how this is a thing, since Roadkill are legit hot rod guys that like to do silly shit for fun and Gas Monkey are car flippers with a monster ego.

But whatever, I'll watch anything Freiburger wants to put out there.

I've had more fun watching Roadkill than any car show in the last few years.
                  My exact thoughts

Comment

People still watch gas monkey?

Comment

I'm sure this is in no way advertising by dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                        People still watch gas monkey?
                        X2

Comment

Monkeys have gas

Comment

If they can keep the discovery producers from coddling gas monkey, I think Roadkill and MCM will make them look like the fools they are.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              If they can keep the discovery producers from coddling gas monkey, I think Roadkill and MCM will make them look like the fools they are.
                              They're both sponsored by Dodge. Gas Monkey is a bigger show, it will be staged, and GM will win. No matter what the competition is.
                              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                              X