New ‘Star Trek’ Series Coming to CBS All Access in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ‘Star Trek’ Series Coming to CBS All Access in 2017

A new “Star Trek” TV series will launch on CBS in 2017, CBS Television Studios announced Monday.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster 2009 film “Star Trek” with Roberto Orci, and co-wrote 2013’s “Star Trek Into Darkness” with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The series will not be related to the third installment in the franchise, “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016. It will instead focus on new characters boldly going where no one has gone before.

The new series will premiere off with a special preview broadcast on CBS. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the U.S. on CBS All Access, the network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

This marks the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers.

Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series “Scorpion” and “Limitless”, along with Kadin and Orci, and for “Hawaii Five-O” with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series.

New Star Trek = good. Another subscription to see it = not good and probably won't see it for a few years.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

What Lantrin said. I'll pirate them before I pay for some bull shit subscription to CBS.

Comment

In for new Star Trek

Out on another subscription service.

Comment

Sounds horrible
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            In for new Star Trek

Out on another subscription service.
            This. Guess I'll be waiting for it to appear on Amazon Prime or Netflix.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I was reading about this earlier and thinking the same thing. Glad that someone is making a new Sci Fi and it happens to be based on Star Trek. But that it's going to be a subscription only, no thanks.

Comment

I'll do what I can to support it. We fucking need another star trek series regularly produced.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope it fails and moves to Netflix.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This is going to be on Netflix too. I know people were out on the CBS Access thing

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      This is going to be on Netflix too. I know people were out on the CBS Access thing
                      Good. I'm not paying for a 3rd streaming service. I'm sure plenty of people are saying the same thing.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

CBS setting up a long overdue Star Trek series to fail. This is seriously stupid. I think we, as consumers, need to send a message to these networks that we're not going to pay for what has always been free. You're not Netflix. No one is fooled. In my opinion, these big three have killed their viewership with extremely slanted liberal propaganda. Then, when it comes time to pay the piper for shitting on half the country, they pull out this scheme.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Man, you can send whatever message you want, but I'm still watching that shit.

Via torrents, of course, so, I guess I'm not giving them any money?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Man, you can send whatever message you want, but I'm still watching that shit.

Via torrents, of course, so, I guess I'm not giving them any money?
                            that was my view on Batman vs Superman. I watched it for free and didn't give that monstrosity a single penny.

Comment

It's about fucking time. Hopefully they'll have a hot chick with big boobs! Like seven of nine.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X