Anybody a member of the GSSF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody a member of the GSSF?

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation? Didn't know anything about it until recently. And after reading about the yearly discount on a single Glock (after being a member a year), access to some of the classes they offer, and the tournaments; I would think it's a no brainer to join. Just curious if anyone else is a member.

Never heard of it but it sounds like I need to investigate it.

Comment

Just a quick look, it looks like you have to opt in the multi year membership to receive the discount. 2 year individual membership is what, $60? The suggested MSRP for members, for instance for a G19 Gen 4 is $425. Hard to tell b/c the info flyer for the pistols is somewhat confusing. I guess it's a $75 discount, as Rifle Gear has a G17 for $499.

Comment

It's been a while since i shot a GSSF match, but back in the day you didn't need to be a member to shoot. Was mainly a stand a shoot, with little movement but would be a good start for someone getting started in competition shooting.
        It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I've shot five GSSF matches in Louisiana and Texas. It is all stationary shooting. Three stages. Two are varying distance cardboard setups and one is the plate rack. It is a pretty cool way to get into competition without a ton of pressure. No reloads or movement.
          2012 GT500

Comment

USPSA > IDPA > GSSF

If you want to get into competition handgun shooting I highly recommend starting with IDPA if you've never shot on the move at all, or if you're a SAFE shooter then you could start with USPSA. Either way, if you have a glock, a holster, 4-5 mags and mag pouches then you're ready to give it a go. I shoot USPSA just about every weekend so let me know if you have questions.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
            X