No announcement yet.

Home Buying with Remodeling Loan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact your local credit union. I've talked with mine for buying some rentals (CNB Waxahachie) and there's an option for exactly what you're trying to do. They'll do a conventional and then a construction loan on top. Then once the construction loan is paid off they bridge it and refinance. They'll do this on property that doesn't generally qualify for conventional too if there's enough skin on the bones.

Comment

Buying a fixer isn't easy. I was the lowest offer of four on current residence, but I was the only one who had 20% down.

I had to wait two months for everyone's loans to get denied. Where I'm at, if it can't pass fha you are selling to a cash buyer that's flipping.

Comment

We finally meet the home owner. Wife took a look at inside today and is pleased. She will start looking into loan companies.
        Home owner says she has been back and forth on selling. There is a lot of thing she did not know how to get rid of. There is i believe a MG in the back and she says a few motors in the garage. So we have made a bit of progress. Next will be find contractors and where to get the loan.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          We finally meet the home owner. Wife took a look at inside today and is pleased. She will start looking into loan companies.
          Home owner says she has been back and forth on selling. There is a lot of thing she did not know how to get rid of. There is i believe a MG in the back and she says a few motors in the garage. So we have made a bit of progress. Next will be find contractors and where to get the loan.

This is how I got my first car. My parents bought a house in 1983 and the previous owner left a 1966 Jaguar XKE in the backyard.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I guessed wrong. Not a MG, its a karmann ghia and she is selling it.

Comment

Working...
            X