Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Food

Food Future Poop

Old 07-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #21
Mach1
rm -rf /

Old 07-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #22
juiceweezl
Lifer

Bought a Traeger when COVID started. I'm running it and then an old Jenn-Air LP. Traeger is where it's at.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #23
lincolnboy
By da people fo da people

Traeger..I i just keep eye balling the grip grill. Now thinking of the 22", if only there was a way to add a burner at the bottom to light the charcoal. Maybe a side box for the charcoal for a indirect heat grilling
lincolnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:02 PM   #24
cool cat
Lifer

I've got a Chargriller propane/charcoal combo grill with the optional smoker box. I've had it about 11 years, and hope to get a few out of it before i get another. When i do replace it there is another brand with a similar model I've seen at Academy. It looks to be a thicker gauge metal, and hopefully holds temp better when smoking.
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #25
Big A
Lifer

I had a top-of-the-line Brinkmann that didn't heat evenly from day one, and started rusting way too soon, so I think I'll spend a little more on the replacement, and do a better job of keeping it covered. We've got limited patio space for the time being, so I'm thinking this "28 Coyote will fit the bill.

I like the idea of a full griddle top for when I make Sunday pancakes, but am hesitant to think that my wife's medium rare filet's will come out to her liking.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #26
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I had a top-of-the-line Brinkmann that didn't heat evenly from day one, and started rusting way too soon, so I think I'll spend a little more on the replacement, and do a better job of keeping it covered. We've got limited patio space for the time being, so I'm thinking this "28 Coyote will fit the bill.

I like the idea of a full griddle top for when I make Sunday pancakes, but am hesitant to think that my wife's medium rare filet's will come out to her liking.
I have a sear burner very similar to the grill youre showing and it works great. On a blackstone it's easier for me to get a flavorful crust but maybe a little more sensitive to get right and usually a little slower. I said all that to say i dont really know that there's enough difference to matter. Its a win win...especially since you can just use a cast iron griddle with a grill.

Griddles really shine with big meals. I usually do a big fancy meal for 10-15 on Christmas...and the sous vide+blackstone was a savior for the filets. The cast iron was for the scallops.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
rat pellets 4 ur smoker