Submitted to TDMV for title, haven't heard back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
    Dallas is closed to the public. I have a foxbody I just got back on the road that hasn't been registered since 2012. I've got insurance on it now but I'm going to be riding dirty for a while I guess.
    With my typical disclosure of I can't say for all cops butttttt, you should be safe for now. I will let you fellas know when we can make that felony registration traffic stop again. I mean, I can't even write someone with no DL. When we read the long version we read into it that even someone with and ID card could technically be trying to get there shit. Honestly, whatever, doesn't affect my paycheck any, but, that is one ticket people might need to get. There are exceptions, but not a tremendous amount of them.

We got a much longer version but here you go.

Last edited by kingjason; 08-11-2020, 05:55 PM.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The Collin County office in Frisco is open and conducting business. I bought a used truck a few weeks ago and had no problem getting the title transferred into my name. I haven't received the title yet but they didn't mention or imply that there would be much delay, if any.

Comment

Just a follow up. So I received my letter back Return to Sender as they couldn't find the address?? Since this was for a bonded title application, Carrollton is the ONLY Dallas Regional office, the only type office that can handle these. I went online and made an appointment. Showed up on time. Nice lady let met me at the door and let me in. Signed me in the system and gave me a number. Few minutes later, invited to a clerk. All my stuff was in order making her life easy. In and out within 20 min. Walked straight into the Surety Bond broker outside in the next office and walked out with a bond in about 10 more minutes. Showed up at my county's tax office with all my affairs in order. Walked out with plates and reg. Title should appear in my mailbox in 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Welp, just a follow up from me, if you're in Collin County the office in Plano at Park and 75 (just east) is open and they have moved to the front offices, I just did a drive by there but they are open. The truck I bought from my friend, I had to get him to sign something and he's in McKinney so I went to the Collin County office on Bloomdale and Community. No line and was in and out in less than 15 minutes.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I decided to renew the tags on my Harley last month and waited two weeks for the DMV to show it was inspected before deciding to head to the DMV and do it myself. It literally took 5 minutes during a lunch break. No screaming little bastards running around!

Covid has it's perks too I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              I decided to renew the tags on my Harley last month and waited two weeks for the DMV to show it was inspected before deciding to head to the DMV and do it myself. It literally took 5 minutes during a lunch break. No screaming little bastards running around!

Covid has it's perks too I suppose.
              I work fairly closely with CA DMV, they are making significant investments in technology and deployment services in response to Covid-19, and I expect that this will significantly change the renewal experience here for the long-term.

One of a few positives coming out of this shit-show, lots more WFH and less traffic in general being others. It's on us not to lose out on this opportunity, and digress back to everyone commuting all week.

Comment

The title for my truck arrived in the mail less than 2.5 weeks from when I applied for it. That seems like a faster than normal response.

Comment

Working...
                X