No announcement yet.

Silver price below $19.00 an ounce...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happened quickly(like it does), making me wonder how much damage Paulson will show in the filing. At what point did he reverse his book?

and what other hedge funds will show impairment?

Watch the price action over the coming quarter, this *might* also setup for a EOY selloff.
    It's so weak, concentrated shorts can move this needle without breaking a sweat, and the headlines are backing them up.
    They will step back and then when it looks opportune, they will drop the hammer into this.

Tripping all the stops, down the escalator.
    These kinds of moves are successful in shaking out all but the strongest and balanced hands.

Don't be so quick to accept Fed tapering taking significant action. They are the only buyer in the bond market.
    If they slow down, it will be disasterous. It will take a multi-year, gradual taper and other buyers MUST start coming to market.
    This is just the taper of purchases, not unloading of Fed assets. I think the Fed will have to hold the majority of the assets to maturity.
    This guarantees inflationary pressure with a book so fat, but it yields back the time. Use it wisely.

It's almost sinister to have a metals selloff with inflation pressures jelling into position.
    Last edited by jayjohnson600; 07-01-2013, 12:27 AM.
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Comment

Selling Oil here. I don't think there's much more bump from the news.
      Good enough to patch up my metals numbers.
      Jay Johnson
      Car hauler for hire

Comment

Might have to get in on this

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          Might have to get in on this
          I need sprinkler work, send me a PM if you are still in the business
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Oh boy.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Any professional investors here can give me a few tips on some stocks and on how to go about silver

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                Any professional investors here can give me a few tips on some stocks and on how to go about silver
                Professional investors??
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Wild Bill is a professional molester if that'll do.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Silver and gold are being manipulated through the ETFs their paper versions trade on. I basically got out of silver at around $20 after losing all the gains I had made over the last several months prior to that and fortunately broke even. Not sure where its going from here so I'm sitting it out for now. My brain says it goes up, my gut says it goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      Wild Bill is a professional molester if that'll do.
                      Close enough.

Comment

Since I posted about an oil position in this thread I though I would post a followup.

Interesting price action in the day chart for DNO(short oil) today.
                        I decided to set out a low ball limit buy around noon, and it was filled in the trough.
                        Looks like *both* sides of the book was cleared out in 3 minutes at 1:57pm.

Was this some bad trades?
                        The 1:59pm peak looks like a balacing out of the 1:57pm trades.

but then, what was was the deal at 2:35pm ?

I don't think this is from ETF balancing, looks more like someone was trying to maniupulate the price action. But why run up againt an ETF tracked to oil futures?
                        This ETF won't move the oil futures.

Just posting this info trying to figure out was was attempted today in DNO.
                        Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I love my lil nuggie!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                              Since I posted about an oil position in this thread I though I would post a followup.

Interesting price action in the day chart for DNO(short oil) today.
                              I decided to set out a low ball limit buy around noon, and it was filled in the trough.
                              Looks like *both* sides of the book was cleared out in 3 minutes at 1:57pm.

Was this some bad trades?
                              The 1:59pm peak looks like a balacing out of the 1:57pm trades.

but then, what was was the deal at 2:35pm ?

I don't think this is from ETF balancing, looks more like someone was trying to maniupulate the price action. But why run up againt an ETF tracked to oil futures?
                              This ETF won't move the oil futures.

Just posting this info trying to figure out was was attempted today in DNO.
                              in at DTO 33.15 im not always right but i hope so. oil is on its way down IMO. i trade strictly technicals and generally they do not lie

Comment

Ouch ... gold down 29% YTD, worst return in 32 years ... under $1,200.

Comment

Working...
                                X