Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build or buy 29er all around gravellish bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build or buy 29er all around gravellish bike.

So, you guys know I want something stylish, comfortable and semi fast. I ended up with a barn find Titanuim recumbent and that got me looking again at Ti. Tomorrow I should be down to my Roll and the recumbent and I am going to put all my resources into one bike.

The only bike that really peaks my interest is the bikesdirect Titanium Expert pro whatever, flat bar bike, after riding the all carbon the other day. With my Jones bars, and cloud road seat it should be magnificent, but not stylish. I got a mountain bike from them and it is really nice.Heck, I could probably strip it and build the below idea and buy another later. It was decked out with quality parts.

Save Up to 60% Off Road Bikes - The new Motobecane Cafe Century PRO Titanium Disc Brake is just the bike for the rider wanting the performance of an Titanium frame, coupled with the comfort of a carbon fork with Hydraulic disc brakes plus WTB TCS tubeless compatible wheels. Shimano Ultegra R8000 Equipped

Idea number 2.

I really wanted a Melrin Newsboy in Ti but they want 5k for the frame only. Browsing Ebay I realized that a company in the states makes that exact frame for a 29in wheel for 950.00. I have considered a 1x12 set up or a Alfina 11 speed internal from Shimano. Maybe a high end road fork or maybe just a nice carbon fork and some decent wheels I think this could fit the bill. I do not want to break the bank though. I should have a little over 2k to work with maybe a tad more. Can this be done reasonable you think?

My favorite bike right now is my Electra Moto 8i in that other thread. It rides almost like a high end road bike but it is a little heavy at 30 lbs and those tires are huge. I do like the not worrying about a flat part of it but would like to trim the RR down just a little. Part of me thinks just keep the 8i, Roll and add a plain jain reasonable flat bar bike. The other want to trim the fleet down and free up the garage space a little.

A 8000.00 Merlin. Just stupid but I think I can kind of reproduce it for way less.

Last edited by kingjason; 05-26-2020, 01:58 PM.
    Whos your Daddy?

I like this looks of the Merlin, personally, but I don't know how to justify the scratch that either commands.

Comment

The merlin is not my style at all (definitely looks like something I'd find at Robson ranch), and I'm not sure i could justify much over $2K for a conventional bike unless I was competing.

Get a badass ebike and you'll see. Thise ugly $8K antiques will be a distant afterthought.

Comment

Do it...

Here's where the gloves come off—the Turbo Levo Expert Carbon sheds serious weight with its advanced carbon front triangle and brings a high level of te...

Comment

I won't even pay that for a spare car for myself much less a bike. Ok, maybe a tad more for a car, but geez. for a bike?
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Tis a good lookin bike, I'd ride it if money wasn't an issue. I'm not cowskin rug choo$$ choo$$ motherfucker like the rest of you, so I have to buy the cheap shit.

Comment

I like steel.

A steel utility vehicle designed for adventure, whether you’re going to the store or the next time zone. The Ogre is an ideal year-round commuter bike.

That ought to be plenty fast unless you are racing and comfortable.

If you just want to steamroll everything get an Ice Cream Truck.

If you need to go faster, road bike, but you said gravel.

Comment

i bought my 19 crf450r new for five hundred more than that.

electric pedal bikes are participation trophy bullshit, unless you a actually handicapped.

Comment

I could never spend $8K on an electric but he kept blabbing about carbon and showing really pricey shit.

And calling a ln ebike "participation trophy bullshit" is one of the most dumbass things I've read on this website lol. What is it a participation trophy for? Do you know what a trophy is? Or even participation?

You go ahead and pull a kid trailer through hike and bike trails or downtown on that 450r. Or cruise that 450 at a racetrack. Yeah that's what I thought....you just don't understand the application and can't afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I could never spend $8K on an electric but he kept blabbing about carbon and showing really pricey shit.

And calling a ln ebike "participation trophy bullshit" is one of the most dumbass things I've read on this website lol. What is it a participation trophy for? Do you know what a trophy is? Or even participation?

You go ahead and pull a kid trailer through hike and bike trails or downtown on that 450r. Or cruise that 450 at a racetrack. Yeah that's what I thought....you just don't understand the application and can't afford one.
                    Pulling and dealing with a bike trailer has me quite happy that my youngest is now riding. She loves riding too. We have another ride planned for Saturday. She may be getting a new bike this year for Christmas with gears and hand actuated brakes instead of a coaster brake.

Comment

bro, you really do try too hard to be an asshole. you just come off as needy and insecure. there is no way i am the only one that sees this.

i stated i paid more for my gas powered dirt bike than that of the electric bike you posted, and yet you still say i cannot afford it? this is what i mean by trying too hard.

if you are not handicapped, the only other application is for lazy people that cannot pedal a bike for more than a block or two without stroking out.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                        bro, you really do try too hard to be an asshole. you just come off as needy and insecure. there is no way i am the only one that sees this.

i stated i paid more for my gas powered dirt bike than that of the electric bike you posted, and yet you still say i cannot afford it? this is what i mean by trying too hard.

if you are not handicapped, the only other application is for lazy people that cannot pedal a bike for more than a block or two without stroking out.
                        Not only that but when you call him out, he starts trying to justify why and then tries to distort what was said. No where in this thread have I talked about building or buying a bike over 2500. I posted the Merlin because it is a timeless look but I also said they were out of their minds. The only reason I started eyeballing building that design again is I found a company making the Ti frame for 950.00, so affordable. I just sold a Carbon bike with some high end Mavic wheels on it, it just sat most of the time. I want reasonably fast, Stylish, and a coosh ride to phase out having 7 bikes in the gargae, so gravel like but not gravel. There are a couple of companies that make something close (Surley) but not right on the money for me. There is always that one guy that does not contribute to the content.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post

Lol what? You literally chase me around threads trying to low key throw insults as if its covert. I can't help it youre too dense to understand the applications. If I want to exercise I ride a mountainbike. If I want to cruise where motor vehicles are not allowed...i use the ebike.
                          Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 05-27-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            .... There is always that one guy that does not contribute to the content.
                            Surely you mean the dude talking about dirt bikes and participation trophies...

And you've been talking about very expensive bikes in every bike thread around...sorry I assumed you actually were referring to buying them.
                            Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 05-27-2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X