No announcement yet.

$500ish amazon toy for a grown man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tools are definitely winning out on this decision. I have too many RC cars/boats/drones as is that I dont drive enough so I'll hold off on the crawler.

I'll probably go with a cheapish plasma cutter, some rc specific tools and then an updated cordless drill.

Comment

In my experience cheap plasma cutters are pure shit so you might want to find the cheap one with the best reviews if you go that way.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        In my experience cheap plasma cutters are pure shit so you might want to find the cheap one with the best reviews if you go that way.
        Yeah thats the plan. Going on a strong recommendation for a 400ish dollar one.

When I reorganize the garage I want to add a smallish cnc plasma table so its already in the back of my mind to upgrade the cutter if need be. Hopefully this is good enough for a start.

Comment

The Dewalt 700 ft. lb impact gun is fucking awesome and highly recommended.
          Thats next on my list, the cheap Northern freight one I got flat out sucks, I guess thats what $89.00 gets ya.
          I went with the greenworks 60v blower, I have quite a bit of blowing to do and that one seems to last almost 20 mins on a charge without using the turbo button too much.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Yeah thats the plan. Going on a strong recommendation for a 400ish dollar one.

When I reorganize the garage I want to add a smallish cnc plasma table so its already in the back of my mind to upgrade the cutter if need be. Hopefully this is good enough for a start.
            Have a good compressor too, iirc PC's need compressed air and if you have a small pancake one, it ain't going to work correctly...
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Have a good compressor too, iirc PC's need compressed air and if you have a small pancake one, it ain't going to work correctly...
              Good reminder...especially when I get ready to run it on a cnc and it'll have a longer duty cycle.

Comment

This Dewalt 20V stuff is what I have and from what I understand the only thing that is comparable is the Milwaukee brand. The Dewalt 700 ft. lb impact gun is fucking awesome and highly recommended. I even have the leaf blower and it works really well.
                Have you played with any of the makita 18v stuff? I’ve use lots of all of the big 3 (makita, Milwaukee and dewalt) and found the makita to be the most comfortable.. I won’t deny Milwaukee’s insane raw power but sometimes lacks control. Dewalt has the best multitool if you don’t have it you should get one!! 700 foot pounds is great but my makita is 1180 ft pounds and Milwaukee’s is 1400!! However 700 is plenty and more than almost most air tools lol..
                Last edited by Stephen; 07-17-2020, 12:34 PM.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

I had two 220 breakers added to the garage this year. I got a 60 gallon Quincy compressor and got rid of the pancake. The wall mounted hose reel and lots of air beats moving a pancake around any day.

I want to add extension cord reels too. I really want a lift in the garage but given how this year is shaping up that may need to wait.

$500 comes close to getting a nice compressor.

Comment

Dewalt battery in a Makita, Makita in a Milwaukee, Milwaukee in a Dewalt, Dewalt in a Ryobi, Porter Cable in a Makita..................... The possibilities ...

Might blow y’alls mind with batteries.

Comment

I've recently started switching to all Milwaukee. It was a good decision

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Have you played with any of the makita 18v stuff? I’ve use lots of all of the big 3 (makita, Milwaukee and dewalt) and found the makita to be the most comfortable.. I won’t deny Milwaukee’s insane raw power but sometimes lacks control. Dewalt has the best multitool if you don’t have it you should get one!! 700 foot pounds is great but my makita is 1180 ft pounds and Milwaukee’s is 1400!! However 700 is plenty and more than almost most air tools lol..
                        I have not used the Makita cordless stuff but I wouldn't doubt it is good. I have always loved their corded tools and they last forever. I have a grinder of theirs that is almost 30 years old and it runs like a champ.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I have not used the Makita cordless stuff but I wouldn't doubt it is good. I have always loved their corded tools and they last forever. I have a grinder of theirs that is almost 30 years old and it runs like a champ.
                          Same here, I was an original Makita cordless drill user, but the batteries didn't last that long, but my Makita corded buffer/grinder with variable speeds still works. I replaced it last year with a DeWalt buffer, it's OK, but I don't think its as good as that Makita.
                          I've had it around 30+ years, only cords and brushes have been replaced, but I could tell the bearings are about to go because its loud as hell. That why I bought the DeWalt. I had a coupon and gift card so I saved a hundo, its a little more ergonomic and maybe weighs the same, that would have been a deal breaker back in the day, but I only pull it out occasionally these days.

Comment

I should get one for my grandson so he will be distracted and quit asking about the 68 stang. 16 year old[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                            X