yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoga

Anyone here do yoga?? I always thought it was a chick thing to do but a good friend of mine suggested it to help loosen me up, he said I'm so tense that it's causing a lot of other injuries

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Just have him give you a massage...

Comment

Stretching is key, for sure. Whether it's yoga or something else, you need to do it.

My tight hips cause all sorts of problems for me (knee pain, can't get deep on squats, etc). Whether it's a foam roller, lacrosse ball, yoga, or other stuff, I have to stay on top of it or I'm miserable if I'm lifting a lot.

Don't dismiss it just because you've never done it.

Comment

I have done some yoga in the past and it seemed to help but found when I focused on strengthened my weaknesses I was better off. I do triathlons so each sport helps the others out (like swimming stretches my hips) but if I was lifting only I would be doing yoga as well. Just be sure to get some kind of block to lean on

Comment

I used to do yoga before my injury, then I got fat and lazy, now I get winded tying my shoes.

Comment

I've never understood the whole stigma against Yoga being for chicks... There are classes that are slow paced and more about proper breathing and deep stretches, and then there are classes that will have you drenched in sweat after an hour.

I prefer the more quick paced classes, and I would say the ones I go to will be about 70/30 women to men. I don't go enough or really practice the positions, so some of the more advanced things are over my head and I'll do an alternative position. If you find a good class/instructor you will probably like it, but there are a lot of different styles so don't judge it on one trip.

I like Karmany Yoga, but like I said there are different classes and instructors. They have mats, blocks etc so you don't need to bring anything, and there isn't someone at the door taking money. They suggest that you pay $15-$20 per classt, but you can go try it for free.
            Last edited by jakesford; 12-21-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X