Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      This exactly! Tesla has cherry picked the metrics they want to show to look superior.

I want to see manufacturers publish a 0-100-0-100-0. That way the 10 minutes between launches for the Tesla has to be taken into consideration.

Then I want to see the nurburgring lap times shown. That way we can see the impact of a super low drag car with extremely low down force on in an actual high performance environment.

I think electric cars will get there someday, but Tesla is selling data sheets not true supercars.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Not entirely. The only reactor type allowed in the US is not a very efficient one, or safe one. It also produces too much waste. Nuclear power can been very safe but we will need to change to a different reactor design. I personally believe that the pebble bed reactor design is the way to go.
        Which is the perception that I was talking about. Better technologies exist but the greenies and right shut it down because of their interests. So instead of the US being the technology leader like we were. we've now lost that technology race. China went live with a molten salt reactor this year, and were still using technology developed in the late 40s

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          This exactly! Tesla has cherry picked the metrics they want to show to look superior.

I want to see manufacturers publish a 0-100-0-100-0. That way the 10 minutes between launches for the Tesla has to be taken into consideration.

Then I want to see the nurburgring lap times shown. That way we can see the impact of a super low drag car with extremely low down force on in an actual high performance environment.

I think electric cars will get there someday, but Tesla is selling data sheets not true supercars.
          Really?

Comment

Comment

Wow, that was impressive.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen written down.
                Thats rich
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  Really?
                  The actual time depends in ambient temperatures and a few other conditions, but yes it's minutes between runs in ludacris mode. Here's an article from C/D when ludacris mode was initially launched at had a 0-60 of like 2.8s.

"Maximum acceleration is available only when the battery’s state of charge is above 95 percent and “max battery perform*ance mode” is set on the control screen. When we test, we average two acceleration runs in opposite directions to eliminate wind and grade effects. Normally that’s no issue, but because the Model S’s performance deteriorates with heat build-up in the battery pack, controllers, wiring, and electric motors, pausing at least three minutes between acceleration runs is necessary."

You cannot expect a repeated sub 2s 0-60 time from the Tesla which adds to one of the many limiting factors on a race track.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    The EP9 is certainly badass, but it's not even remotely close to being in the same class as any tesla. It's not a road legal production car and it's not something you will have to worry about warranty claims on from a business perspective so they can push the electronics harder. The aero on that car is very impressive and it has a quick change battery pack.

Also...

"The EP9 can accelerate from 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in 2.7 seconds, 200 km/h (0-124 mph) in 7.1 seconds, and 300 km/h (0-186 mph) in 15.9 seconds. Its top speed is 313 km/h (194 mph)."

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                      Which is the perception that I was talking about. Better technologies exist but the greenies and right shut it down because of their interests. So instead of the US being the technology leader like we were. we've now lost that technology race. China went live with a molten salt reactor this year, and were still using technology developed in the late 40s
                      Molten salt reactors are not much of a change. It's improvements has to do more with the boiling point of water vs molten salt and the expansion ratio of steam. The improvement comes from the mechanical side of the machine and not the reactor side. I am not saying that it is not better than the reactor style we use now but it could be even better.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Thats rich
                        By saying this are you saying that the point I was making is not valid?
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

For what its worth the Konigigisegigseg one:1 is a hybrid super car. It has no multi speed transmission (only a 1:1 direct drive, get it) because it relies on the electric motors to get the car moving and then the ICE propels the car once up to speed.
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                          X