Formula 1 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by momo View Post
    hamilton wins race but rosberg wins championship.
    massa and button are done.

pretty dull f1 season due to mercedes dominance but there were a few bright spots. here's to 2017 and hopes that red bull is fast and ferrari is a contender. would be nice to see a competitive mclaren again or else i bet alonso quits next.
    Alonso is rumored to have a deal for WEC. It's suggested that it's for 2018, but could be sooner if McLaren doesn't have a competitive car.

The big rumor now is Mercedes might possibly suspend or even sack Hamilton for disobeying team orders at the end of the race.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• LOL @ Sack Hamilton... there's no way.

I too hope next year brings more competition from RB, Ferrari, and McLaren.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• mercedes doesnt know what to do with hamilton because there is nothing they should have done during that race. they messed up by giving him "instruction" and escalated the situation. now they have to discipline him in some fashion to prove that not following team instruction has repercussions.

mercedes claims they were worried hamilton's pace could cost the race win. BS. hamilton was never going to lose that race (unless unreliability struck). his only goal was to get 2 cars in front of rosberg. he did an amazing job trying but the fresher tyre ferrari didnt have enough to pass and the rbr had pretty much no chance on old tyres.

in all honestly they should have expected it. mercedes should have let the drivers drive. the constructors championship was wrapped up long ago, only the drivers championship was to play for yet they want to tell one of them to stop trying? gtfo.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

mercedes doesnt know what to do with hamilton because there is nothing they should have done during that race. they messed up by giving him "instruction" and escalated the situation. now they have to discipline him in some fashion to prove that not following team instruction has repercussions.

mercedes claims they were worried hamilton's pace could cost the race win. BS. hamilton was never going to lose that race (unless unreliability struck). his only goal was to get 2 cars in front of rosberg. he did an amazing job trying but the fresher tyre ferrari didnt have enough to pass and the rbr had pretty much no chance on old tyres.

in all honestly they should have expected it. mercedes should have let the drivers drive. the constructors championship was wrapped up long ago, only the drivers championship was to play for yet they want to tell one of them to stop trying? gtfo.
          This 100%. I've been saying that the whole time. We all knew he was going to do it. Just shows another example of Mercedes and their managing their two drivers in a intense situation, or lack of.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Just let them race and say if you wreck or take each other out due to not listening to us... we will fine you. All the team cares about is going 1-2 in every race and winning the constructors championship, beyond that let us have the drama.

Stevo

Comment

• didnt see this coming.

Nico Rosberg announces retirement from Formula 1.

Nico Rosberg: “Since 25 years in racing, it has been my dream, my ‘one thing’ to become Formula One World Champion. Through the hard work, the pain,...
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• so... how many drivers are on the phone with their agent right now trying to get their contract ripped up in order to get in that second seat?

i doubt any of the RBR drivers are leaving

Alonso and Vettel both are under contract for 2017.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I don't think anyone saw this coming. Like the only people he talked to about this was Toto and his wife.

As for who's going to replace him? I really think it could be Fernando Alonso. A sleeper in this could be Jenson Button. Another would be Pascal Whrlein
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• I think they will go young, and Pascal is my first bet... I didn't see brittany quitting either but I'm not sad at all. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      I think they will go young, and Pascal is my first bet... I didn't see brittany quitting either but I'm not sad at all. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!
                      To be honest I'm not the biggest Nico fan. However he's the opposite of Lewis. Lewis is in the limelight. He's at Gala's, he's single, and is on twitter and etc.

Nico has never been that. He races, but then lives a quiet life. He has a wife, has a daughter. Maybe it's that thought of I've achieved what I set for when I started racing. Now I'm going to be a dad and a husband. I can respect that.

We can make the jokes we want at Rosberg as a driver, but you can't make any as him as a person. He's a good standup guy away from the track.
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• I say that by reading his statement that he made online. It didn't seemed canned. It looked to be genuine and true. That his wife took the responsibility to take care of his daughter while he was in the best position to win a championship.

I'm not a father and I can respect that. If he is indeed leaving on his own terms, then good for him.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

so... how many drivers are on the phone with their agent right now trying to get their contract ripped up in order to get in that second seat?

i doubt any of the RBR drivers are leaving

Alonso and Vettel both are under contract for 2017.
                          Wow, Who is the "third" driver for Mercedes? Going to be a "fun" X-mas time for the team.

Comment

• Motorsport.com has a story of Paddy Lowe moving to Williams in 2017. That would hurt Mercedes if that were to be the case
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                            X