Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    401k? All my shit's in ammo or buried in the back yard.
    "401k? Nah. Have you seen my race car?"
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

-613 this is the tip of the ice berg

Comment

And the EU responds accordingly

The EU is poised to ban high-powered appliances such as kettles, toasters, hair-dryers within months of Britain’s referendum vote, despite senior officials admitting the plan has brought them “ridicule”.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          That made me giggle
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Nigel Farage: Britons voted for Brexit because Obama told them not to

By Mark Hensch

A leading figure in the British push to exit the European Union says President Obama accidentally helped the Brexit cause.

Nigel Farage on Friday said Obama's calls for the United Kingdom to stay in the EU caused people to vote to leave.

“Threatening people too much insults their intelligence,” the United Kingdom Independence Party head said.

“A lot of people in Britain said, ‘How dare the American president come here and tell us what to do?’ ” Farage continued on Sirius XM’s “Breitbart News Daily,” citing Obama’s U.K. trip in April.

“It backfired. We got an Obama-Brexit bounce, because people do not want foreign leaders telling them how to think and vote.”

Britain on Thursday voted to leave the EU in a move experts predict will lead to worldwide financial uncertainty.

British Prime Minister David Cameron promptly resigned Friday morning.

Obama warned Britain against leaving the EU during a visit in April, saying it could hurt potential trade deals with the U.S.

“The U.K. is going to be in the back of the queue,” he said during an appearance alongside Cameron.

“Not because we don’t have a special relationship but because given the heavy lift of any trade agreement, us having access to a big market with a lot of countries rather than trying to do piecemeal trade agreements is hugely inefficient.”

Donald Trump on Friday mocked Obama for being on the losing side in the Brexit vote.

“The world doesn’t listen to him,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said during a press conference in Turnberry, Scotland.

Trump said he wholeheartedly backed Britain’s decision to leave the EU and once again forge its own path.

“You just have to embrace it,” he said. "It’s the will of the people. What happened should have happened, and they’ll be stronger for it.”

Farage on Friday said Britain’s exit from the EU could ultimately jeopardize the organization’s existence.

“I think we’ve changed not just the future of British history, I’m sure the European Union project itself will come tumbling down. People power can beat the establishment if they try hard enough."
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              That made me giggle
              The bad thing is that it ISN'T an Onion article!

Wow, no wonder so many want to leave the EU.. Regulating toasters and tea kettles for energy consumption is a little ridiculous.

Comment

This just in:
                Obama declares that America "identifies" as European. Requests to join EU.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

So we finally won!
                  sigpic

Comment

Nigel Farage has gotta be fun to hang out with.

Edit: not his Twitter account it seems, but fun nonetheless.

Last edited by sc281; 06-24-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I bet the tea kettle thing was the tipping point. I read there will be a Texit. Good luck 'yall!
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

This shit is like a James Bond movie.

I am just waiting for Cameron to reveal himself as a the villain looking to melt down the worlds markets.

Comment

Standard & Poor's downgrades Britain's credit rating from AAA to AA due to Brexit vote.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Fuckin bravo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X