No announcement yet.

11/1 cota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone applied for antique tags to make your track car street legal? I don't think there is any way my car could pass, but it'd be nice to drive it every now and then.

Comment

You will want to search best pads for your car or for 300zx cars on track. Carbotech, Porterfield/raybestos, performance friction, cobalt, pagid all make track pads.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I highly suggest coming down to TWS for a Performance Driving School. I'm one of the senior instructors and can help you out if need be. We have an entire team of great guys instructing.

As for brake fluid, the ATE blue is fine. I have had it my car for the last 2+ years and have not bled it. I also have WAY too much brake and don't really use them that much.

As for getting on track, definitely try an Apex Event at MSR-Cresson. Then, you must do TWS at least before the end of March 2016....but I honestly don't see the track going anywhere soon.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Which events on the TWS calendar are performance driving school?
          Last edited by momo; 09-11-2015, 06:20 PM.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
            Scott P's honda fit?
            Yup yup. We shared a dinner together. I'm shocked you've been on here as long as I have! Lol
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Finally got my car back from the tuner. It runs a little on the warm side under load, so I think I need to fix that before I take it to a track day.

Another issue traction. What kind of tires are you guys running on light lowish HP cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Finally got my car back from the tuner. It runs a little on the warm side under load, so I think I need to fix that before I take it to a track day.

Another issue traction. What kind of tires are you guys running on light lowish HP cars?
                your p2w is very high for a road race car IMO, it's going to be hard to get the power down, i'd run as much tire as you can but for your situation I'd probably go rival, star spec, rs3, etc.

Do you have a build thread or anything for your car? I'd like to check it out.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  your p2w is very high for a road race car IMO, it's going to be hard to get the power down, i'd run as much tire as you can but for your situation I'd probably go rival, star spec, rs3, etc.

Do you have a build thread or anything for your car? I'd like to check it out.
                  I think you are right on the p2w. As soon as it got into boost in 1st and 2nd it broke loose. I might take the boost down a few more PSI and go for the widest tire I can.

The RS3 is cooper, right?

Comment

I think you are right on the p2w. As soon as it got into boost in 1st and 2nd it broke loose. I might take the boost down a few more PSI and go for the widest tire I can.

The RS3 is cooper, right?
                    Hancook, I really liked NT01's on my miata and they are a step above all of the tires I mentioned, after that you may look at a Toyo RR
                    More grip = more money and less life
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Hancook, I really liked NT01's on my miata and they are a step above all of the tires I mentioned, after that you may look at a Toyo RR
                      More grip = more money and less life
                      My co-worker has / is on a race team, and he says he can get me the hook up on tires. I'm not sure how big of a hook up, but I was going to find some and see what price he could get.

Comment

My co-worker has / is on a race team, and he says he can get me the hook up on tires. I'm not sure how big of a hook up, but I was going to find some and see what price he could get.
                        Cool, if you can get some real race rubber scrubs for cheap, thats a good move too. What size wheels?

Comment

Cool, if you can get some real race rubber scrubs for cheap, thats a good move too. What size wheels?
                          Just keep in mind, beginner groups do not allow R-comps at 99% of schools.

Look for Nitto NT-05's as well. Good grip. Cheaper and good longevity.

As for the TWS calendar...the ones that say PDS....Performance Driving School.

Comment

He's saying he can get any size / brand. I'm going to research what is ideal for my car and see if he can price them out.

Comment

Working...
                            X