Going Tahoe shopping this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Tahoe shopping this weekend

Gotta buy the old lady a mom-mobile this weekend. I’m focused on a Tahoe. I’m tall and fat so I’m not squeezing in something small. I also want the ability to tow a trailer with buggies/4-Wheeler’s to go camping or whatever. Any other vehicles you guys would recommend? Where is the best place to go shopping? Preferably on the south side of dfw.

Expedition.

Or get you an oil drinking outdated pos that will have cracked plastics in 5 years. Luckily with a Tahoe they will at least make sure to charge you 70K for that POS so you have to pretend to like it. The fit and finish on anything with a Bowtie is a level below that beautiful blue oval.

Comment

Why not avoid domestic crap and buy something that will last? Toyota Sequoia uses the same 381hp 5.7 in the Tundra - the engines are bulletproof along with the transmissions. 2 documented cases of going a million miles. Big, wide, comfy.

Nissan Armada also comes to mind, though I don't know much about them.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Why not avoid domestic crap and buy something that will last? Toyota Sequoia uses the same 381hp 5.7 in the Tundra - the engines are bulletproof along with the transmissions. 2 documented cases of going a million miles. Big, wide, comfy.

Nissan Armada also comes to mind, though I don't know much about them.
        This is what I was also going to recommend if hes dead set on a dated design with a hideous interior. At least the Toyota is going to last forever.

Of course it's easy to make something last forever when you never truly innovate...which is why their powerplant is so damn out of date. Underpowered and inefficient...but if that doesnt matter as much as reliability it's a no brainer.

Comment

On our second Yukon with a 6.2 this time in suburban length. Loved the first one and this one too.

If you can like the styling of a yukon or escalade and can swing it go that route with a 6.2. I actually prefer towing with it on road trips with the boat to my diesel.

Comment

You didn't give a max spend, so I'll suggest the X6M, the "budget" version X6 xdrive50i is pretty quick too.

Comment

I bought my woman a 15 Tahoe three months ago. It has a little under 100k miles. I got a smoking deal on it and it is what she wanted. I wanted a 13-14 land cruiser or lx 470-570 but, I'm pretty die hard America. So she won. I don't like eco boost, she didn't like the expy looks.

I won't make it a year on it. It feelscheap, interior shit is showing age, will need front end work in about 10k miles. Luckily she only drives about 250 miles a week max.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                You didn't give a max spend, so I'll suggest the X6M, the "budget" version X6 xdrive50i is pretty quick too.
                Yeah but he does want to tow and a sports activity coupe isnt exactly the tool for the job.

Comment

Fox body + 5K

/thread
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

probably not any left, but find a dealer with an 18 that was a DRAC unit. DRAC units are loaner vehicles they used for warranty customers.

reason being you will still get your 3/36 from day and mileage of purchase. Just look it over and make sure you point out anything you do not like and see what they do.

also, any dealer with 18 trucks on the lot will probably make a deal because the rebates are gone at the end of this month and they will just be anchors on their lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Yeah but he does want to tow and a sports activity coupe isnt exactly the tool for the job.
                      6,000 vs 6,400 for the Tahoe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can get an expedition with a tow rating of 9k.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

6,000 vs 6,400 for the Tahoe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          First off the tahoe can be rated to 8400.

Second...theres no standardization of tow ratings so manufacturers are left to their own methods and maybe a weak attempt at using an industry norm.

I can promise you, towing 5K in the coupe is way different than towing 5K in a tahoe. Even with my explorer...I hated towing much over 3K because it had such an impact on performance and it was rated to 5K.

Theres a monumental difference in towing 5K with my explorer and my f150...though both are rated to handle at least 5K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            First off the tahoe can be rated to 8400.

Second...theres no standardization of tow ratings so manufacturers are left to their own methods and maybe a weak attempt at using an industry norm.

I can promise you, towing 5K in the coupe is way different than towing 5K in a tahoe. Even with my explorer...I hated towing much over 3K because it had such an impact on performance and it was rated to 5K.

Theres a monumental difference in towing 5K with my explorer and my f150...though both are rated to handle at least 5K.
                            Duly noted, but he's occasionally towing a pair of 1,000lb buggies, I assure you that the X5/X6 is more than up to the task. I drove from Sacramento to Frisco in the X4, with a fully loaded mid-sized Uhaul in tow, and didn't break a sweat. Would I want to do it regularly? No, but not an issue for an occasional (even every weekend) tow.

Comment

Duly noted, but he's occasionally towing a pair of 1,000lb buggies, I assure you that the X5/X6 is more than up to the task. I drove from Sacramento to Frisco in the X4, with a fully loaded mid-sized Uhaul in tow, and didn't break a sweat. Would I want to do it regularly? No, but not an issue for an occasional (even every weekend) tow.
                              Yeah maybe I misinterpreted what he meant. I was thinking a few buggies and four wheelers at 3-4,000 lbs with a 1,500 lb trailer. And that's not normally done on all paved roads given the fact they're for offroading.

Comment

Working...
                              X