Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#@$@$$#~ This years gonna fight me all the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooooo a little update. The elbow is fantastic. A buddy I work with told me that when he use to do mucho pull ups it screwed up his elbow. So I stopped just pull ups and it cleared up. Was lifting on and off but the other injury has been screwing with me.

Now for the bad part. My right side abdominal area is fubar. It appeared to get better for a couple of months but then one night I was cycling pretty damn hard and it kinda started burning in that area again a month or so ago. Dont get me wrong it never was like it fully healed even though I was doing a few cruches here and there. Then we started moving out of the house. I think every five days we would run a load to storage. Man it got to hurting something terrible. So much so that it was hurting my back also. It feels like there are two areas of pain, just to the right of my naval area, and just on the lower edge of my belly on the right side. I would swear it was a hernia but no obvious buldge. The area just right of my naval feels a tad firmer but nothing I can pin down. Pushing on it or the ba area does not hurt either. I do not feel bad and no stomach problems that I have noticed to much. Doctor has checked me twice and still thinks it is a pulled muscle. Has me on two weeks worth of anti inflamitory meds and says if it still bothers me something about a surgical MRI or something or other. The original pull was like a side oblique about five inches right of my naval and a tad higher. I could even feel the knot when I did that.

I am tired of this shit. I am so close to being at my lifetime goal weight it is sickening but feel I am loosing so much strength. Plus with moving and not getting to bike as much as I want it just kills me. Not to mention not eating great for a few weeks on and off due to the move. I am back on my plan eating wise and even skipped my cheat weekend these last couple of days but damn I gotta start doing something.

I guess this week will be the test and then who knows. Usually the worst pain is when I laugh or lean over to pick something up. When I raise back up its just like a sharp deep pain but bearable. Going to be a long year if it keeps this crap up.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Well this thing was just being odd. Abs, cycling, cutting down a tree, and misc other things no problem.

My gun belt was causing issues though and my buddies zero turn almost killed me the next day both times I used it.

Well after a CT, that showed my appendix and all other things in that area are fine, they sent me to a expert on hernias. Took that guy about 3 minutes to find the problem. Inguinal hernias bilateral. Apparently I have one on each side and the side that hurts is the one that is not as bad. He said it may be closer to that muscle or something like that. So I go under the knife sometime this month. I am glad this guy is a laparoscopic guy, not a filet you open type.

I knew something was wrong but no one could put their finger on it. I am just glad they got it figured out. I do not mind going under the knife as long as I get better. This thing has held me down long enough.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Well this thing was just being odd. Abs, cycling, cutting down a tree, and misc other things no problem.

My gun belt was causing issues though and my buddies zero turn almost killed me the next day both times I used it.

Well after a CT, that showed my appendix and all other things in that area are fine, they sent me to a expert on hernias. Took that guy about 3 minutes to find the problem. Inguinal hernias bilateral. Apparently I have one on each side and the side that hurts is the one that is not as bad. He said it may be closer to that muscle or something like that. So I go under the knife sometime this month. I am glad this guy is a laparoscopic guy, not a filet you open type.

I knew something was wrong but no one could put their finger on it. I am just glad they got it figured out. I do not mind going under the knife as long as I get better. This thing has held me down long enough.
        Are you using a light duty belt or the regular leather?

Comment

We went to the web gear a while back. The leather would probably be worse.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sounds like some of you guys need to get a massage therapist that is good at dealing with trigger points.

I had done something to my shoulder a few months ago, and when a therapist got to it, she found two bands of muscles that felt like a banjo string. It was where the pain was emanating from and although it hurt during the session, it provided relief afterwards. It was really screwing with my flat and decline bench, but it wasn't affecting my incline bench.

Now when I'm at the gym, I just manipulate the muscle myself to keep it from knotting up and hurting. I'm just glad the pain wasn't a joint issue.

Comment

Well I look like I got shanked three times and holy hell it hurts to move around buttttt I am repaired for now I guess. Baylor Waxahachie rocks and all the nurses were funny as hell. They could'nt believe I was not nervous but I explained to them I was just tired of being jacked up. It made me feel really good that they were bragging on my doctor so much. I had two seperate nurses come by and were talking about how he really is picky about his work and takes extra time to get it right.

He still tells me the one on the left side was worse but that damn thing didnt even hurt. Even after surgery the right one feels like it had the most repair.

What was really bad was bright light making me throw up my water on the way home. Crap that was not pleasant. My wife callled me a bitch this morning talking smack. I told her ass to quit making me laugh, my pimp hand was still strong.

I just wonder how long I have had these. I did notice I cramped a lot during abs over the past few years and I bet the one on the left has been there a while. His brother made a good point that when I was a big boy at 367 or so it probably played a big part in my stomach area being jacked up and stretched out.

Oh and I had no clue I had a catheter till I went to pee. Hey that kinda burns................
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I feel ya. Injured my right wrist a couple months ago, still bugs me today. It's fukin hard to not use your wrist for a certain period of time to let it heal. Also, now getting tendonitis in my right knee. Just what I needed when I'm a month away from my 1st outdoor soccer season! Errr, injuries suck ass.

Just keep doing what you're doing, time is what it takes. Don't rush

Comment

Working...
                X