No announcement yet.

1969 Mustang Coupe build/restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking build, cant wait to see more.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
      I am looking forward to the nicer weather headed our way. My c4 is being rebuilt right now and I should have it back in about a week. Once it is in my hands again the engine/trans will be back in asap.

I have a full new interior as well. New seat upholstery, headliner, carpet and underlayment. Luckily I have a neighbor who runs an upholstery shop in his back yard (dude has a 3 bay shop tucked behind his house out of sight). I have known the guy for years and we have helped each other off and on since I was in high school so he said he would be glad to help me install all of the interior. That is a huge relief and will save a bunch of time.

Comment

This is looking great man. Really nice work. Looking forward to more updates.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        We'll have to plan a classic meet up when we get ours done.
        In!

Comment

Sorry to jumble up your thread. We'll have to plan a classic meet up when we get ours done.
          Sometime this spring would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            Sometime this spring would be good.
            I am hoping to have mine on the road in about another 30 to 45 days.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
              I am hoping to have mine on the road in about another 30 to 45 days.
              Im hoping that after getting tuned the last week of this month that Ill be able to drive mine again.

Denton is a bit of a hike for me, but Im looking for someone to do the headliner and vinyl top on mine, if your neighbor is interested.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Im hoping that after getting tuned the last week of this month that Ill be able to drive mine again.

Denton is a bit of a hike for me, but Im looking for someone to do the headliner and vinyl top on mine, if your neighbor is interested.
                His name is Harry. I can PM you his number if you would like. Have you replaced the rear window seal? The mustang headliners usually tuck into the seal and it is best to do them both at the same time if I understand correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
                  His name is Harry. I can PM you his number if you would like. Have you replaced the rear window seal? The mustang headliners usually tuck into the seal and it is best to do them both at the same time if I understand correctly.
                  You're correct, though people have tried to glue the edges up to the window seal. Instead of pulling the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    You're correct, though people have tried to glue the edges up to the window seal. Instead of pulling the glass.
                    I have a new seal, headliner and insulation in boxes waiting. As soon as I am done patching the drivers floor the back glass is coming out!

Comment

Got the 8.8 rear in tonight. Took about 2.5 hrs to pull the old and install the new. The summit racing lowering leafs slammed the rear!

Comment

Looks like it's coming along nicely. What color blue is that?

What do you think about those FR500's? I've slipped them on my 69 a few times too.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

What do you think about those FR500's? I've slipped them on my 69 a few times too.

Thats a nice car man. If you ever want to sell it let me know.
                          07 GT500
                          05 SRT10
                          88 turbocoupe T-bird
                          93 Cobra
                          86 coupe
                          Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                            Thats a nice car man. If you ever want to sell it let me know.
                            That's one of two that will never go anywhere. But thanks for the offer.

Comment

That's one of two that will never go anywhere.
                              Yep, it will never leave that driveway.

Comment

The blue is a custom color I had mixed up about 16 years ago. Ford Royal Metallic Blue with black and white pearl added.

I love the FR500'S. I was on the fence between black or silver. I chose black because I was to paint the car a really dark green when I am done.

Comment

Working...
                                X