Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Half marathon is this weekend, if I can do it in under two hours I will be happy.
    I tried to register a couple of weeks ago, apparently too late. It was sold out.

Comment

• well been awhile since i updated my weight and all that. i weigh about 175 or so. weighed 180 when i went to jail. I don't have as much fat as i did though. i quit drinking actually got 90 days sober today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        I tried to register a couple of weeks ago, apparently too late. It was sold out.
        It sells out early. I had got my company to pay for it back in the summer.

I went 250 so I guess I need to get to work.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
          My advice to you R1, is to fully commit to the fact that replacing fat with muscle is a loooooong process, and understand that progress is measured in months and years, especially if you're doing it naturally. If you want faster results in one direction (fat loss) or the other (muscle hypertrophy), it will be at the cost of progress with the other goal. There have been countless times where I have been thrown off a diet because I was getting "too weak" in my mind, or stopped a bulk because I wanted to get lean again. Commit to your goals, have patience, and know that slow progress is the best kind. You'll come out the other end with a much healthier outlook on life, and 100x less likely to slip back into the old habits that got you unhealthy.
          Fair enough. When I see that scale moving up, I immediately start to think that I am getting fat again and go hardcore on the cardio, which defeats whatever gains I make. It's all mental at this point. I just need to fully commit and ride it out.
          2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• y'all aren't getting before/after pics, but I just stepped on the scale this AM at a svelte 285. I planed out at 290 around Thanksgiving for a couple weeks, but i'm back to losing weight

I'm down about 25lbs from August. About 45lbs from my peak.

It's been easy because my biggest caloric intake was alcohol. I quit drinking for a couple months last year, but stress brought me back to it fairly quickly. I had curtailed consumption a fair amount overall, but I was in full fuck-it mode this summer over back-to-back vacations that were more stressful than they were enjoyable.

Anyhow, without alcohol, I instantly cut all those empty calories... a pretty easy 1200+ calories a day GONE. And, as an added bonus, I don't wake up craving donuts or whataburger or a monster.

Anyhow, I haven't been below 280 since 07! When I was 320+, my goal was 275. That's still my first "goal", but once I hit 275, I'm going to be looking for 250.

I feel like I may have turned a corner that I forgot/didn't realize was there. I actually feel good. Not great, but I'll take good for now!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Jogging in flip flops?

Comment

• It's funny you say that Forest, I quit drinking altogether back in 2012, and have gained weight ever since. I thought what you're describing would happen to me, but my sugar intake increased quite a bit, as did my propencity towards junk food in general, thus my peak at 255lbs earlier this year.

That corner is there if you want it to be, keep taking small bites of that elephant, and try not to think about how much is left.

I'm down another 1.2lbs from last week. Not monumental, but my strength is back up to better than when I started, so every pound lost has been fat. In the name of slow progress, if I maintain just a pound a week, I'll hit my goal of 200lbs right at the beginning of June.

Comment

In the name of slow progress, if I maintain just a pound a week, I'll hit my goal of 200lbs right at the beginning of June.
                  I lost exactly 1lb this last week, not anything to get excited about, but still on plan. Slow progress sucks in this world on instant gratification, but it's better than no progress, or moving the other direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Jogging in flip flops?
                    jogging? I'm a fucking fat ass. I burn calories just sitting around!

I know I'll plateau out and will have to get moving, but for now, I can run a pretty serious calorie deficit without being hungry, and I move around enough during the day I guess.

Comment

• I've never been big on sweets, BUT, whenever I cut alcohol, I crave sugar.

I didn't disallow myself sugar, but I wouldn't go fucking crazy on it. I slid a little over Thanksgiving and noticed myself eating sweet stuff at night. Last week, I put the kibosh on that and have been just snacking on moderate to low GI stuff when I get a sugar craving.

Thankfully I currently have zero alcohol cravings, and I want to lose weight more than I want to eat sugar, so it's getting easier to stave off sugar cravings. And as I stay away from sugar, my cravings diminish more (go figure)

Thanks for the advice, I'm not obsessing on or overwhelmed by any particular fitness goal. Just happy to be getting better and not worse. I've got plenty of other elephants in my life I'm trying to deal with to stress over this! LOL

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      It's funny you say that Forest, I quit drinking altogether back in 2012, and have gained weight ever since. I thought what you're describing would happen to me, but my sugar intake increased quite a bit, as did my propencity towards junk food in general, thus my peak at 255lbs earlier this year.

That corner is there if you want it to be, keep taking small bites of that elephant, and try not to think about how much is left.

I'm down another 1.2lbs from last week. Not monumental, but my strength is back up to better than when I started, so every pound lost has been fat. In the name of slow progress, if I maintain just a pound a week, I'll hit my goal of 200lbs right at the beginning of June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        y'all aren't getting before/after pics, but I just stepped on the scale this AM at a svelte 285. I planed out at 290 around Thanksgiving for a couple weeks, but i'm back to losing weight

I'm down about 25lbs from August. About 45lbs from my peak.

It's been easy because my biggest caloric intake was alcohol. I quit drinking for a couple months last year, but stress brought me back to it fairly quickly. I had curtailed consumption a fair amount overall, but I was in full fuck-it mode this summer over back-to-back vacations that were more stressful than they were enjoyable.

Anyhow, without alcohol, I instantly cut all those empty calories... a pretty easy 1200+ calories a day GONE. And, as an added bonus, I don't wake up craving donuts or whataburger or a monster.

Anyhow, I haven't been below 280 since 07! When I was 320+, my goal was 275. That's still my first "goal", but once I hit 275, I'm going to be looking for 250.

I feel like I may have turned a corner that I forgot/didn't realize was there. I actually feel good. Not great, but I'll take good for now!
                        low carb, I did low carb and lost 50 lbs in 4 months, Im a lazy mother fucker, so thats all done with no exercise

Comment

• At the beginning of November I was on vacation and saw what I looked like, and I wasn't happy. 6'5, 265, with all of the weight in my midsection. I decided to start a diet and that consisted of "eat less stuff" and to date I'm 15 lbs down at just a hair over 250.

Comment

• nice!

I've been doing good over the xmas holiday. I slid a little today. Nothing crazy, just ate more than I should have. No sweets, so that's good, and I don't think I went over on calories or anything, just didn't run the deficit that I wanted to.

Oh well, I didn't drink alcohol or consume refined sugar, and tomorrow is another day

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              Oh well, I didn't drink alcohol or consume refined sugar, and tomorrow is another day
                              I had a "hangover" from all the sugary desserts I ate after Christmas dinner all day yesterday, literally felt like dog shit. Refined sugar is indeed my kryptonite. I'm going to give it a week of normal eating before I jump on the scale to assess the damage, no sense in beating myself up over a little roo much Christmas cheer.

I am NOT looking forward to all the resolutioners crowding the gym come the 2nd...

Comment

I had a "hangover" from all the sugary desserts I ate after Christmas dinner all day yesterday, literally felt like dog shit. Refined sugar is indeed my kryptonite. I'm going to give it a week of normal eating before I jump on the scale to assess the damage, no sense in beating myself up over a little roo much Christmas cheer.

I am NOT looking forward to all the resolutioners crowding the gym come the 2nd...
                                yeah, nothing good comes from unnecessary negativity... especially towards yourself. My dad had a sugar hangover yesterday.

I passed up so much good shit yesterday! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X